Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Go Ahead Eagles Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Anyone got a sig Image of the GAE which won't be SIGPOked?
    That or a "Spit on Zwolle" (see what I did there?) pic?

Anyone got a sig Image of the GAE which won't be SIGPOked?
    That or a "Spit on Zwolle" (see what I did there?) pic?

Mine has been deemed acceptable by Biko. Free to use it :)

Mine has been deemed acceptable by Biko. Free to use it :)

Cheers

Damnter wrote:
    Welcome to our club lads! ||::

Can we win? In this league everything is possible. But the trackrecord for the away games against olle is not what we would like it to be... 8)

Iff you are wondering why we call them olle... it's because we ones stole the z and w off there stadium... ;D

More info about our hated zwolle :D

Fckin Olle bastardos! Epic stuff stealin their sign!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

In addition to the two giants we also have a guy called Sjoerd Ars (pronounced almost exctly like shorte-arse) :D

Ah, seems he's buggered off to Roosendaal. Pity, he's got a very impressive strike rate (5 in 6 so far this season, 15 from 36 last).

Was that an intentional pun?? Sjoerd Ars buggered off to Roosendaal!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

wat time is the game on at on sunday?

http://www.rtvoost.nl/Media/Default.aspx

14:30 their local time Sunday so 13:30 our time. You can watch it on there from waht the Dutch fellas said ^.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

All,

I have some brilliant news. A friend on mine from work is marrying a dutch girl. she live over here now but she is originally from a little town just down the river from deventer. The GAE are her local team and her brother still lives over there. So there is a good chance that he may be able to source some jerseys, gear and the like for us if we are stuck. Jon is going to get some info from his missus and we will be able to find out about places to stay and see etc...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭corban

http://www.rtvoost.nl/Media/Default.aspx

14:30 their local time Sunday so 13:30 our time. You can watch it on there from waht the Dutch fellas said ^.

good find, its live at 1.30pm... i just hope its not geo blocked....

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

The user Go Ahead Eagles now has access,we waved the rules for him which is a first on the soccer forum.

This will not be used as a precedent, it is a once off.

A community discussion board with rules,we just want to be clear its a once off.

Dub13 wrote: »
    A community discussion board with rules,we just want to be clear its a once off.

What we could do Dub is

I could make a post on the G.A.E forum asking for people's Board's username to get access. Therefore they will be legitamely one of our Dutch counterparts :)

lol lads, we have a clap going on the GAE forum.

Get on it and contribute!
    Vak Gae wrote:
    If you hate f*cking Olle clap your hands. :)||

;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭thusspakeblixa

Am I welcome to jump on the bandwagon here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Of course! Grab yourself a sig and turn GAE!

Am I welcome to jump on the bandwagon here?

Of course and welcome!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

How long does it take to be accepted to the forum?

Rightio, which sigs are free to rob?
    btw there's a great chance I may be going to Holland around Halloween time, if I am I'll try get jerseys and stuff!

• Advertisement

Right

I set up a thread on the Dutch forum for people to give me their names to get granted access. I'll PM the soccer mods with names etc and you can do what ya like :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭eddiehead

Rightio, which sigs are free to rob?

All free for a limited time only, though in hindsight Id be a millionaire twice over if I just charged people for them from the start :pac:

Ya can nic mine if ya want. I think a few of em got SIGPO'd so I might do a few more discreet kinda ones

eddiehead wrote: »

Ya can nic mine if ya want. I think a few of em got SIGPO'd so I might do a few more discreet kinda ones
    cool, I may rob yours for the time being

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Go Ahead Eagles

Nice that you guys gave me acces to this board.

If anybody want information about the city, hotels, traveling by train, the club, ect. just let me know.

My name at the dutch board is 7411.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Chong

Nice that you guys gave me acces to this board.

If anybody want information about the city, hotels, traveling by train, the club, ect. just let me know.

My name at the dutch board is 7411.
    Absolute excellent , good to have you 7411.

Hup Eagles Hup!

I gotta ask - why 7411?

Xavi6 wrote: »
    I gotta ask - why 7411?

That is the postcode of the citycentre of Deventer. The place where i live. Just 100 meters from all the bars en the citysquare. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Chong

Excellent!

7411 - How long would it take me to get from Amsterdam Centraal to Deventer.

I remember a service running from Den Haag centraal when I was there about 2 months back.

7411,how is this going down on your forums...?I have not registered yet so cant look.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

First time I've seen this thread, looking good lads.

Will be tuning in for the match tomorrow for a look.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭SectionF

she live over here now
    Careful!

Come on Zwolle. Stuff these bandwagoning bashtaards.

We haz subforum!

Cheers Dev!!!

Nieuwste lid: DeVore :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Kalesikepse

We have two giants from what they said on their forums!
    Thats correct KaG, wheve got Sander Post 1.99 mtr(current striker) and Mathias Ranegie 1.97 mtr (he is injured). POUW on the back of the jersey is commercial not a name of the player.
    Are you all set for this afternoon, in 2.5 ours is kick of, i understand you all know by now its going to be live on the internet.... :), so enjoy and chear for the Red Yellow Army

Thats correct KaG, wheve got Sander Post 1.99 mtr(current striker) and Mathias Ranegie 1.97 mtr (he is injured). POUW on the back of the jersey is commercial not a name of the player.
    Are you all set for this afternoon, in 2.5 ours is kick of, i understand you all know by now its going to be live on the internet.... :), so enjoy and chear for the Red Yellow Army

O lol :D

I thought the Pouw was a translation or something :o

We are all ready my friend! Let's hope we get an unexpected win from what I've heard! We haven't beaten Olle (:p) away in some time !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Kalesikepse

O lol :D

I thought the Pouw was a translation or something :o

We are all ready my friend! Let's hope we get an unexpected win from what I've heard! We haven't beaten Olle (:p) away in some time !
    Treu....:(, maybe you guys wil bring us some luck today, i think we will win with 0-2 if whe can play the game we did last friday.

Sander Post 0-1

Marc Overmars (as substitute going to make his first) 0-2

:DI have A Dream:D

Cheers

We'll try our best with the luck factor! :D

We are Irish !

Looking forward to watching it !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 TheHitman

If we ever gonna beat them at their ground, it should be today, with so many new fans! :)

Lads, we should start a campaign for GAE to sign an Irish player to appease its' ever growing Irish fan base.
    Graham Barrett for GAE! :p
    edit: would you say they'd play a pre-season friendly over here if we lobbied?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,588 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Bad result for GAE yesterday but it aint a sprint. ;)

Mixed feelings about the subforum. I think its a bit isolating from the main soccer forum. I think the main "Go Ahead Eagles Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread" should run on the main soccer forum to attract others to the club.

Damnter wrote:

We got f'd over by the the ref who gave a penalty when there was no foul..
    Every year it's the same old song over there.. We'll never get used to it but you learn to deal with it.. 8) A couple of days cursing at everything and then on to the next match!

But at least we're undefeated at home sinds 4 years.. :)||

Nice home record currently :D

Nieuwste lid: DeVore :D

They let Dev enter their site?

Well my jersey is on it's way. Should we have an us in our kit photo thread :)

I'm gonna order mine at the end of the month, nice little birthday present to myself, though my bro wants one too so mite bulk order.

Hopefully mine is on it's way, being purchased at the club shop today by my mates mother in law, the away one is not a bad kit TBH.

Have also been told that the Amsterdam is only an hour away on the train. After the game there is apparently nowt much to do in Deventer, although drinking with the locals should be fun I suppose.

• Advertisement

Doouble post, you're gonna have to ban yourself!! :pac:

I want the home one but the away one is the navy one with the silver eagle on the side isnt it?

Could always hop back on a train and head back to Amsterdamage..... have u been to el dam before? I find its a 4 day city, any more than that and you may lose the will to live if u keep going to see the tourist sights!

EDit, wasnt finished. that said, the atmosphere in the stadium looks savage which would suffice for a good evening out in itself.

Bill wrote: »
    Excellent!

7411 - How long would it take me to get from Amsterdam Centraal to Deventer.

I remember a service running from Den Haag centraal when I was there about 2 months back.

From Amsterdam central to Deventer takes about 1 hour 21 minutes.
    Just look at http://www.ns.nl/cs/Satellite/ns2007/en/mainmenu/include/1193053691834/travelers?p=1193053691834 for the Journey planner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

Must sign up for the dutch GAE forum...

I think my user name will be 'Third van der Echelon' :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭bigstar

hello, just found this thread last night, have to say brilliant idea. gonna have to discover everything about my new team, just wondering, are the GAE gonna be the baords team for just one season, theres no way you could just give them up at the end of the season. GO EAGLES

• Registered Users Posts: 6,588 ✭✭✭jaykay74

bigstar wrote: »
    hello, just found this thread last night, have to say brilliant idea. gonna have to discover everything about my new team, just wondering, are the GAE gonna be the baords team for just one season, theres no way you could just give them up at the end of the season. GO EAGLES

They'll be no changing at the end of the season. It was the initial idea but changed early on. Its GAE all the way. BTW who are the Eagles playing this weekend. They need to bounce back quickly from the loss last weekend. Starting to fall behind a bit.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eerste_Divisie_2008-09

• Advertisement
Advertisement