Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Go Ahead Eagles Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭bigstar

oh yeah, forget amsterdam, deventer has a dickens festival in december how great is that, (or so wikipedia states)

No it's a permanent thing :D

great ill have to get a jersey now, theyre playing veendam away. theyre three points ahead in 7th place, but i think a first away win is due.
    C'MON THOSE EAGLES

2 points ahead sorry, ripe to be overtaken

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Kalesikepse

bigstar wrote: »
    oh yeah, forget amsterdam, deventer has a dickens festival in december how great is that, (or so wikipedia states)

That's correct, we have a Dickens festival in December around/ before xmas time. Verry nice festival if you ask me but also a big croud every year, sometimes you have to stand in line for 2 ours to get in. A big part of our city centre is a big stage for Ebenezer Sgrooge, the reaper, Tiny Tim and you name it, you can find them over there. But also lots of figures of that time a walking treu hte whole centre, if you are a Dickens fan you realy should visit this festival som time. You won't regret it

Lets hope for a win for tomorrow night! :)

Lets hope for a win for tomorrow night! :)
    You can say that again....:D. We have to win this one, its going to be dificult but i think we conna make it, not putting down a score, i'm not so right about that lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,588 ✭✭✭jaykay74

you can get some idea of the odds for the game tonight below. GAE are almost 3/1 and Veendam are odds on (17/20). Would be a good one to win alright. Seems to be a 7pm kick off but thats probably CET.

http://www.betinternet.com/en/sports.bet?method=byevent&eventid=526415&oddstypeid=1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Very tempting to start a GAE thread on the gambling forum detailing all the best places for odds and picks of the week

jaykay74 wrote: »

7pm is CET, (means your local time right) kick of at local time up here is 8pm.

• Advertisement

909774411.jpg

This is Mathias Ranegie BTW, for those who didn't know....:) he is huge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

.....he is huge

well his name is rangie.....

I'll get me coat

Did we win last night?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Lost 2-0

Wheres the sack the manager thread ??

Archimedes wrote: »
    Lost 2-0
    :(

I'll make it when I am sober lol

My god, give him a chance. One more game and he is gone for me :pac::pac:

Alright then, will stop sharpening the knives for the moment but I will keep the whetstone out...

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Are ye all buying the home jersey? I like the blue away one.

• Advertisement

Did we play last night?

Did we play last night?

Looks like the Eagles are playing away on Sunday

Oct 26, 2008 2:30pm Telstar v Go Ahead Eagles

jaykay74 wrote: »
    Looks like the Eagles are playing away on Sunday

Oct 26, 2008 2:30pm Telstar v Go Ahead Eagles

Thanks,

Will be getting updates with a hangover then :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Bit of a pastin there today lads. 4 feckin 1 :eek:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Pretty bad week. Our third defeat and rumours are rife that we may soon not have a Go Ahead Eagles to support any more :O

It could well happen that GAE and AGOVV (wtf?) are merged into one club as the KNVB attemps to reduce the number of pro football cllubs in Holland... More to follow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Zandweerd

Horay, I made it on to the Go Ahead forum. All you fellow supporters, big hug from Deventer. Great to be here:D

• Advertisement

Pretty bad week. Our third defeat and rumours are rife that we may soon not have a Go Ahead Eagles to support any more :O

It could well happen that GAE and AGOVV (wtf?) are merged into one club as the KNVB attemps to reduce the number of pro football cllubs in Holland... More to follow.

Believe me that wil never happen, the KNVB is just making an research for a possibility. GAE are just cooperative to their researche but wil never agree to merge with AGOVV. Both clubs made a researche themselfes in the past to merge, they found out that it's just not posible, both clubs are to different from eachother with totaly different backgrounds, so different it won't match.
    For example.., our mascotte is an Eagle.., their mascotte is an Mouse....., do you feel de differense :D

No worries

Good to hear. Agovv is a stupid name, and as for their mousecot??
    I didn't get to see highlights of Sunday's game yet. Were there any good points to take out if it, or is it seriously time to start thinking about a new manager?

http://www.rtl.nl/components/sport/rtlvoetbal/miMedia/2008/week43/zo_tel_-_gae_hl_met_vo.wmv_plain.xml

This is the direct link to the high lights of that match. If you ask me, i think we should be ashamed of ourselves, they had no inspiration at all, no fighting spirit... nothing. Seems this season whe only get our wins at home, in an away game we give it out of our hands. Lets hope it wil change. I think a new manager can change all that, our manager is not a bad one.., he is just not the man for our red yellow pride GAE.

A mouse and an Eagle, wouldn't work! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭RMB - Deventer

Kalesikepse you're absolutely right, Andries Ulderink is a good trainer but he just trains too defensive. The boys have no self confidence at all at the moment. Ahahaoui kept on walking the ball from the right to the left part of the pitch, where passing would be more effective. Ranégie (would like to see him next to Sander Post) was the only forward in the first half of the game due to bad ball handling by Knijnenburg -and worse: Vlug- who didn't reach the 16 meter area. All their passes resulted in loss of scoring oppurtunity and even in counter play by the Sheep F###ers (nickname for Dordrecht) resulting in four dangerously placed free kicks.

Overmars came on the pitch in the first half for Knijnenburg while Vlug should have been kicked out. Vlug really was terrible. Our hero couldn't make the difference yet, but you can see he is starting to reach his standard level soon. Naturally, he won't reach his Arsenal or Barcelona level, but he can definately make games turn our way.

All you Irish lads are welcome in our City, it is close to an hour from Amsterdam Central Station (Amsterdam CS) by train. Stadium De Adelaarshorst is situated at a ten minutes walk from Deventer CS. Tickets cost between 10 and 35 euro's and are NOT always sold on match days due to risks of violence between supporters of some clubs in our division (Zwolle is our arch enemy together with FC Twente who play in the Eredivisie). I know that the board of our club did organise tours around stadium De Adelaarshorst in the past and that they currently have a business unit for VIPS, but I don't know whether such things are possible in the renovated Adelaarshorst. For information you might try to reach the commercial director of the club, his name is Willy Damen (yes, it says Willy). He can be reached by dialing (+31)570621357 or 0570621357 if you're in Holland.

Go Ahead Eagles isn't unfamiliair with foreign supporters, we have had supporters from West Ham, Mill Wall, Port Vale, Celtic and Notts County visiting our stadium in the last 5 years. And last year we had Sheffield United for a test match in Terwolde but those guys were supporting their team and not ours so that doesn't count. Regularly supporters from Belgium and Germany are found at our stadium but that's a few hours drive and not overseas.

Next to items that are Go Ahead Eagles-related you can also purchase special Deventer'clothing: www.deventer-kleding.tk. The print represents the city weapon of Deventer.

C Ya @ Deventer-City

• Advertisement

People from other countries are also welcome, naturally

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

For example.., our mascotte is an Eagle.., their mascotte is an Mouse....., do you feel de differense :D

No worries

They could just have a slightly fatter eagle for a mascot.:D

Kalesikepse you're absolutely right, Andries Ulderink is a good trainer but he just trains too defensive. The boys have no self confidence at all at the moment. Ahahaoui kept on walking the ball from the right to the left part of the pitch, where passing would be more effective. Ranégie (would like to see him next to Sander Post) was the only forward in the first half of the game due to bad ball handling by Knijnenburg -and worse: Vlug- who didn't reach the 16 meter area. All their passes resulted in loss of scoring oppurtunity and even in counter play by the Sheep F###ers (nickname for Dordrecht) resulting in four dangerously placed free kicks.

Overmars came on the pitch in the first half for Knijnenburg while Vlug should have been kicked out. Vlug really was terrible. Our hero couldn't make the difference yet, but you can see he is starting to reach his standard level soon. Naturally, he won't reach his Arsenal or Barcelona level, but he can definately make games turn our way.

Yeah, it was a terrible performance against dordrecht, it was not that dordrecht was good or anything, it was the defensive way of playing by GAE that made it posible for dordrecht to create some good changes and getting away whit one point. GAE had good changes too but they wanted to score so badly that there was no accuracy in those shots at goal.

Overmars is getting better by the week, against dordrecht he outran his upponent verry often. His Arsenal or Barcelona level wont be reached, but i think he can reach his willem 2 level witch he had when he left GAE, and thats also a verry good level, verry good for the Jupiler Leage.

His Willem II level is very close allready, I would like to see him improve to the level he had at his first year at the club from our capital city (as a Feyenoord supporter I won't mention that name here). That year he had a level that would fit our league. At the moment players like Jordy Zuidam have a more important role in the team than Marc Overmars, but when he gets to a more adequate level he will be the star of the team. If he isn't already?!

Would like to see Post playing next to Ranégie! B-side fans were talking about that combination too, why doesn't Ulderink choose attacking football instead of the 4-4-2 rubbish system which the boys have to play in right now? I think people might have more fun coming to Eagles playing in a 4-3-3 system and loose once in a while than having to watch the same old defensive system GAE plays at the moment.

To defend Ulderink: we don't get as much goals made against us like the seasons before 2008-2009, but we don't score as much goals neither. A 12th place in Jupiler league isn't enough for a club like GAE, hope the boys put more effort in the offensive part of the matches ahead... we'll see

Well, it seems people have lost interest in the GAE boys, which is a pity as last night, for the first time in as far back as anyone can remember, Go Ahead Eagles won away from home! A 2-0 victory against Top Oss with goals from Ranégie and the excellently named Dave Bus lifted us up to 11th, level on points with 8th placed.... FC Olle *cough*squirrel-shaggers*cough*. Next Friday, we're at home to Haarlem, also on 20 points, and with Novembermaand in full swing nothing less than another victory is to be expected.

Go on you Eagles!

Well Pickarooney, i didn't lost my interest in Irish GAE supporters, i'm just a busy man. Yesturday we won our first away match this season, it felt good. Also good to know that overmars gave the assist on ranegie's goal, he playd verry wel next to Ranegie so thats good to know for the rest of this season, when Overmars is fit enough to play.
    Here's a short replay to see the goals. GAE is playing in the bleu yersey's, have fun :)

http://www.rtl.nl/components/sport/rtlvoetbal/miMedia/2008/week45/za_top_-_gae_hl_met_vo.wmv_plain.xml

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 426 ✭✭Fintomiginto

Lads why was this forum set up?:confused:

Because we are Eagles.

And GAE is a club worth talking about, more than 100 years of history... Next to that it just rules to talk about football with people overseas! Thanks for the support lads

My previously posted gossip about Henk ten Cate returning to our club has been aknowledged by the local newspaper of Deventer, De Stentor. Henk, former coach of Chelsea FC and current head coach of Panathinaikos from Greece, has declared his everlasting love for our club. In the same way Paul Bosvelt did earlieron.

According to De Stentor starting in 2010 lots of former heroes, next to Henk ten Cate, will manage GAE. To give you some names to google on: Michel Boerebach, Marc Overmars, Henk ten Cate, Paul Bosvelt.

Putting links between new GAE management and a new stadium, we as supporters are very much interested in all the news that comes from our club at the moment. As soon as I find out more I'll post it somewhere out here...

Switching on to gossiping (I was right the last time, why not give it another try): Victor Sikora signed a contract at Perth Glory, AUS. Rumours are that he signed a contract until the end of this season because of his regained interest in GAE. If it doesn't work out at Glory, Vikkie might return and sign a contract at GAE. He already mentioned not wanting to play for any other club than GAE in Holland anymore.

Gossip 2: The city council of Deventer is speaking about a new stadium for our club which should be twice as large as the one we have now. Renovating -again after renovation in 2007- De Adelaarshorst is also an option. Until this point all is correct about a new stadium. The gossip I mean is about the location. It might be that GAE leaves the city centre and will be committed to play in the suburbs (Colmschate). The board of GAE has asked the city council to find out what problems would rise if the Eagles play in Colmschate, which is approximately 3 km. from current stadium De Adelaarshorst. If we (as supporters) get the chance to vote, I'd rather have a new stadium built 500 m. from the location where it is set on now. But our opinion won't be asked, I guess.

All is going well at the moment; if we win tomorrow's match against Cambuur Leeuwarden, yet another favorite for the title, we're heading into 2009 with lots of self confidence.

• Advertisement

All is going well at the moment; if we win tomorrow's match against Cambuur Leeuwarden, yet another favorite for the title, we're heading into 2009 with lots of self confidence.

Good stuff, any stream link for this mate?

No, you've got to have a decoder, I will post a match tread afterwards. Sorry lads, football is commercial nowadays and matches shown for free are very rare here

No, you've got to have a decoder, I will post a match tread afterwards. Sorry lads, football is commercial nowadays and matches shown for free are very rare here

All good,

We'll make up for it with a trip in the New Year hopefully !

Let us know and we'll help you through your stay here, Deventer's worth a visit as it is the city with the 1st brick house ever built on Dutch soil and we have lots of touristic -midievel- places to visit. Sightseeing through Deventer is a must if you ever get to Holland.

And of course we know the best places for ,traditional Dutch pleasures' ;-)

Too lazy to open a new match thread at this hour, but the Eagles snatched a valauble point at the death in scenic Leeuwarden, with Knijnenburg burying an equaliser in the 90th minute to make it 2-2. Venlo stay top with another win.
    Paul Bosvelt has offically joined the GAE technical team as of January 1st. Is this the first step towards him taking over from Ulderink? I'm not a huge believer in former players taking over the managerial hot-spot, but I think the incumbent gaffer is a bit limited and a change might be on the cards.

At the moment we're all satisfied with the results... 2-2 against favourite for the title Cambuur Leeuwarden and currently 10th in Jupiler League. With the results of the last weeks we are looking at the future with a lot of confidence. A lot of people are very proud of our boys.

To my opinion Ulderink does NOT have to leave Eagles, I think he is a good trainer. Adding Bosvelt -a national hero- to the technical staff is a wonderful tactical move. As a NT-player and captain of SC Feyenoord Rotterdam (my favourite Eredivisie-team since I was born in Rotterdam) he has seen it all, done it all and players will learn a lot from this lad. He thinks offensive, so I think the tactical system (current: 3-1-3-2-1) will be adjusted (3-3-1-2-1). Which means that the midfielders will play more in the middle of the pitch instead of Ulderink using wingers like Overmars and Knijnenburg.

Henk ten Cate has confirmed that he will join GAE in 2010 -if the board asks him; and they already said they will- so with international star players and coaches in management I'm very much convinced that we'll head right back to Eredivisie. Might not be this year (although we're still going strong in 4th periode). But next year we'll certainly go in for the title.

The business (and thus player-) network of people like Marc, Henk and Paul is HUGE. I wouldn't be surprised if we get some former PL players out here. We already had Atrid Ajdarevic, but he chose to play at Liverpool FC in their youth team. Adding one or two offensive players will lead to results we can only dream of at this moment.

But call me a dreamer, I think we're heading towards Eredivisie. TO STAY!

This was our last match of 2008, best season greetings from Holland and have a jolly good 2009!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

But call me a dreamer, I think we're heading towards Eredivisie. TO STAY!

Thats great news. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭ratinakeg

A great presant for any GAE fan who's into darts!
    eagles%20flight-1.gif

Bad news for most of you guys, Go Ahead Eagles baught a new striker. Guess the giant will soon have tolook for a new club!!

• Advertisement

All good,

We'll make up for it with a trip in the New Year hopefully !

I'll start locking my daughter up then

Advertisement