Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Go Ahead Eagles Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

123457»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭RMB - Deventer

Sander Post is a good striker, but Van der Biezen has already proven that he is a great one. My guess is that Sander stays at Go Ahead Eagles and that we're heading towards Eredivisie with the core of the current team next season. As I predicted before.

Next to Koen van der Biezen (17? goals last season for FC Den Bosch) GAE has listed Timon van Leeuwen (SC Feyenoord Rotterdam, he'll join the squad this summer) and Kari Arkivuo (Sandefjord, Norway). Jan Goga (Kosice, Czech Republic) wants to join our club but his club asks a fairly large transfer fee. He won't join us, I think. Which is a shame because he might be the one player we're looking for to play next to or behind Van der Biezen, I think Ahahaoui is more of a midfielder than a forward. Place him on the right side of the pitch and he'll make more progression.

Orlando Smeekes has an eye set on re-joining us (according to German local papers; he said that if Stuttgarter Kickers won't offer him a full contract, he would gladly return to Go Ahead Eagles where he felt at home) but will Ulderink listen to him and our supporters...? One thing is for sure, our team is bound to go forward towards a higher level. Having Marc Overmars, Paul Bosvelt and Ten Cate as spokesmen for the club 'simply attracts players. Hope we'll have a ,Cambuur-effect', but without the risks of going bankrupt at the moment sponsors fail to pay what the club deserves. That club almost went over the hill a few years ago and now once again has bought players who don't play for a small wage. Not turning up as league leaders -they won't be champions, VVV Venlo will be- might result in financial trouble for them in the future. But I can't see what's in their wallet.

A lot of players are at the end of their contracts in june; who will be offered another contract, who leaves? We'll soon find out. Vosselman already admitted that he's thinking about leaving for a Eredivisie-club (they say he might be transfered towards NEC Nijmegen; taking in the place of El Akchaoui, who's sure to follow current NEC-trainer Mario Been to SC Feyenoord Rotterdam) and Vlug mentioned not being happy in a local paper.

Mind you: he's benched for Marc Overmars (who doesn't play 90 minutes on the pitch anymore)... what is he thinking? MARC OVERMARS IS OUR HERO

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 319 ✭✭jamsieboy86

Was watching FIFA Football Mundial yesterday on sky sports, the first half of the show was about Marc Overmars and the Eagles, should check it out if ye get a chance, does be repeated during the week.

Tried to obtain a link via Google, but did not succeed. Is there any way I can watch the documentary via internet? Might be helpful if you post a link... couldn't find it myself and I don't have a satellite decoder. Thank you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Kalesikepse

Tried to obtain a link via Google, but did not succeed. Is there any way I can watch the documentary via internet? Might be helpful if you post a link... couldn't find it myself and I don't have a satellite decoder. Thank you

Same here, like to watch that one too. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

How's the season going so far?

Have a holiday to take and am very much considering heading to see a match. Given the dates, I'd have to probably try to make a playoff game.

Apart from that, I might have to wait until the first game next season. Have there been any posts in here about travel and tickets?

• Advertisement

You can purchase tickets in Deventer, at a local Primera book store. Next to that, you can but your ticket online: www.ticketbox.nl.

When you arrive at Schiphol Airport, you can get to our city by taking a train which -of course- leads directly to Deventer; being the soccer city of Holland ;-)

Amsterdam - Deventer is approximately 90 km (1 hour by train) and tickets cost between 5 and 25 euros. Hard core supporters are found on the B-side of the stadium (areas 7, 8 and 9 I think).

Good luck during your journey and stay here, Deventer for sure is a city worth visiting (being the oldest city of Holland).

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Bump.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

De-Bump.

Worth a try.

Advertisement