Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The right honourable Liverpool v PSV Eindhoven before/during/afters match thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

AGGGHHH - Why hasnt Nando changed his boots? Slips again

Gone a bit flat in general.

Terrible effort from Alonso when he gave the ball away in the centre of the park.

If we got a third goal I'd like to see Lucas, Babel and Benayoun for Gerrard, Nando and Kuyt.

Still no shot on target from PSV

Amrabat having a fine game for the PSVers - sadly for them he's pretty much the only one

Benayoun for Riera :confused:

Would have though Benayoun was likelier to come on for Kuyt or Gerrard or even Keane

Why not Babel?

Mucho confuso

Lucas for Keane

Suppose Lucas can play alongside Alonso and Gerrard can push forward

PSV have gotten slightly livelier in the second half

As I type Gerrard realises he has licence to push forward so bangs in Number 100. :)

3-0 - Happy days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

carragher all over the place

3-1

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

is it 3-1 what the **** happened? I know It's not a big deal but I love clean sheets these days

3-1 - Eep

Looks like Gerrard goal could be quite valuable

Pretty slack defending from Aurelio there to allow the cross - don't think Rafa will be too impressed - I would expect Dossena to definately start at the weekend

Nice finish by PSV for the goal.

Babel for Gerrard - Presume Babel left with Benayoun going into the centre

Hmm looks like Babel on the right with Kuyt central - interesting

Kuyt slips now - AGGGGHHHH

Boo the slippy pitch

man you have a real problem with people slipping it's a wet night, get over it, no?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,495 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Couldn't watch the match, only the RTE analysis, I presume from the way they are talking that Liverpool lost the match?

:rolleyes:

OMFG Dunphy just called Mascherano a donkey.

OMOMFG Whelan just listed Torres' possession keeping as one of Liverpool's problems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

RTE are soooo negative.

Dunphy "Mascherano is a donkey"

First of all, Mascherano wasnt even playing tonight. Second of all, anyone who watches football, no matter who they support, can see that Mascherano is a fantastic player.

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭internelligent

RTE know where we're screwing up now. Hope Benitez is listening so he can "fix" the team.
    Too many donkeys on our team unfotunately. We need someone like deco too apparantly!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

LOL. Good ole eamo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

words cannot describe how much i hate whelan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭pesireland

knew robbie david keane would score tonight :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭pesireland

words cannot describe how much i hate whelan

:eek: ronnies my fav player of all time :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

pesireland wrote: »
    :eek: ronnies my fav player of all time :rolleyes:

great player. Not a great pundit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,286 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Just laughing at Dunphy just worried that Liverpool are back and making him eat his words

Dunphy and Whelan letting us fans know what we think.

The vast majority of Liverpool fans I know think that Dunphy and Whelan talk absolute turd.

Why can the RTE panel not analyze Liverpool's MATCHES that are covered by RTE?

Dunphy I think actually uses the exact same lines every fortnight, over, and over, and over.

To be fair, some of what they are saying is true, but two things get to me:
    1. The hyperbole - Lucas is the worst brazilian i've ever seen
    2. Whelan agreeing with everything Dunphy says and looking to get a dig in at Rafa anytime he can. It's obvious he WANTS Rafa to fail.

And anyone who calls Mascherano a donkey knows nothing about football and should have their punditry license revoked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

I had to double check to make sure it wasnt Apre match I was watching there. :pac:

Mascherano is a donkey, ffs :rolleyes: Imagine what they would be saying if Liverpool actually lost!

• Advertisement

I have no problem with them criticising, in fact, I don't even have much of a problem if they want to call a player 'a donkey'.

My biggest problem is that in doing this, they should be backing up their opinions with video evidence. "Arbeloa is a donkey, and here is why... roll clip 1... roll clip 2.... roll clip 3" etc.

They don't bother their holes to analyze the match, it happens every single champions league match. The final whistle blows, back to the studio for 10 minutes of Rafa bashing, followed by a commercial, followed by 5 minutes of analysis of the actual match itself. Every, single, time.

I had to double check to make sure it wasnt Apre match I was watching there. :pac:

Mascherano is a donkey, ffs :rolleyes: Imagine what they would be saying if Liverpool actually lost!

I think it's a pre-recording

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭oobydooby

Dunphy's only half serious. Treat it that way and he's kind of funny. As for Ronnie, it's clear he dislikes Benitez and there are plenty of fans who think (or thought) likewise. Even if they'll chant Rafa's name and get behind the team they have "reservations". Ronnie's a Pool supporter through and through though, sure he keeps saying "we" by mistake when referring to Liverpool:D Probably trying to be balanced by agreeing with 'Animal Farmer Dunphy' and his OTT analysis.

Good result. And no dramatics. Handy too because we've a game to Chelsea after Atletico and it's nice to have room to rotate in the CL for that and focus on that match.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Why do you watch these controversy merchants?

Keane Scores tick
    Gerrards century tick
    Liverpools century in CL tick
    Rafa 250th game is a win tick
    Two games two wins tick

Almost a perfect evening then.

Chelseabastards.jpg

Mike

To be fair, some of what they are saying is true, but two things get to me:
    1. The hyperbole - Lucas is the worst brazilian i've ever seen
    2. Whelan agreeing with everything Dunphy says and looking to get a dig in at Rafa anytime he can. It's obvious he WANTS Rafa to fail.

And anyone who calls Mascherano a donkey knows nothing about football and should have their punditry license revoked.
    Ronnie Whelan must be the most negative ex Liverpool player Ive ever seen! Like tbh I hate watching analysis or commentary when someone like Lou McCari is covering a Man United game because he doesnt take his United tinted glasses but at least I can understand, he supports and loves the club and wants it to succeed. But Whelan is just so negative and rarely has something good to say "his" team or Rafa. Very strange imo.

Whelan admitting he hasn't got a clue about the Finnan transfer, yet gives us a full blown analysis at the exact same time of how bad it was.

We badly need the "analysis of the RTE analysis panel" sticky thread!!

Ronnie Whelan must be the most negative ex Liverpool player Ive ever seen! Like tbh I hate watching analysis or commentary when someone like Lou McCari is covering a Man United game because he doesnt take his United tinted glasses but at least I can understand, he supports and loves the club and wants it to succeed. But Whelan is just so negative and rarely has something good to say "his" team or Rafa. Very strange imo.

Hansen and Lawro are just as bad on Match of the day

Hansen and Lawro are just as bad on Match of the day
    To be fair I dont think either of them would be nodding in agreement when Dunphy said Mascherano is a donkey like Whelan was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

Oh bummer on Chelsea there Mike, the tools :pac:. As they say there's always one :pac:

On the boyos on RTE, ya gotta watch 'em. Pure entertainment. Dunphy goin' on about Skrtle & Carra partnership there, saying they'll be found out!!!!! The boys are good for the sh!ts & giggles.
    But have to say, Whelan is the biggest muppet. Growing up Ronnie was a favourite of mine, he's grown into a sad repeating little man.
    Eamo, you won't win the oscars with the likes of Kuyt in your team, eh ok Eamo, gis a glass of what your drinkin'.

Whelan knows so much for a failed manager in Greece

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Ardent

Couldn't believe my ears when Dunphy called Mascherano a donkey. Any creditibilty he had left disappeared there for me.

Dunphy has no creditibilty changes his mind every 5 mins

Whelan knows so much for a failed manager in Greece

Thought it was a team in Cyprus? No?

DeadSkin wrote: »
    Thought it was a team in Cyprus? No?

Same difference :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Ah now to be fair he did qualify it by saying he was a 'good donkey'. :D

Same difference :p

Oh controversial :p :pac:

Ah now to be fair he did qualify it by saying he was a 'good donkey'. :D
    Dont forget Kuyt the "admirable donkey"! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭ibh

Good result but as usual Dunphy ruins any attempt at analysis, aided by Whelan i must add. He makes random statements about how our full backs are useless, Kuyt, Lucas and Mascher ae donkeys....

I would have no problem with any of those players being criticised by looking at their performances. Instead EAmo makes the statement that they are a donkey, then pulls a random figure out of his @rse and says they are a waste of money. (Kuyt 14m???)

I used to enjoy the RTE analysis, i particularly remember John Giles tearing Danny Mills apart, pointing out many of his flaws as a defender. Video evidence backing up his points about positioning and tackling.
    Seems they couldn't be arsed doing this anymore.

I now really struggle to think of any pundits who talk anything close to sense. Hansen-no, Lawro-no, Whelan-no, Redknapp-hellno!, Dixon-no, Keown-no.... Had high hopes for Souness but don't see enough of him.

And this bullsh't about what we would be like if we had Deco... I'll wait till i see how Deco plays in November, December and January before i start creaming myself over his August and Sept performances.

We need the super pundit team of Pat Dolan and Andy Gray to forge an Alliance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

i thought brady was the best pundit rte had

i haven't watched dunphy talk rubbish since the inter game last year, that was classic, the guy is an idiot

*shudders*

What we need are people who are less interested in themselves than the game.

Mike

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I would be the last person to defend Dunphy, but I think that in this instance when calling Masch a donkey he meant it in the beast of burden sense, i.e. workhorse, rather than a terrible player. Other than that little interpretation, everything he said was a total joke though. Even Torres was a lucky signing apparantly.

mayordenis wrote: »
    We need the super pundit team of Pat Dolan and Andy Gray to forge an Alliance
    cringe.jpg
    Oh please God noooooooooo!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

lol @ Dunphy tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭ibh

Des wrote: »
    lol @ Dunphy tbh.

If it wasn't such a regular occurance it would be annoying, but i just find him to be ill-informed.

Every time i fly somewhere i hope to sit on one of Ryanair's beautiful chariots and find Eamo in the next seat. Then i can tell him all the reasons why i think he's a useless cnut. At useless is the appropriate word, cause his knowledge of the current game is laughable.

• Advertisement

He's the village idiot - and I wish I had of seen this because it sounds hilarious to be honest

Oh yes to change the topic (in best Harry Enfield voice)

"Oi, Robbie Keane. Stop that!"

Mike

shut up mike back to the other topic - I have been informed that other than masch the following statments were made

Dirk Kuyt - "A donkey, but an admirable donkey"

Lucas - "A donkey", "Useless", "The worst Brazilian footballer of all time", "Just can't play"

Arbeloa - "A donkey, "awful"

Dossena - "Awful and a donkey"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

arbeloa isnt that good. nothing on the other top 4's right backs. dossena looks crap so far.
    despite me liking lucas and the type of player he is, hes not cut out for it and would be better in spain or italy where he has more time on the ball.
    and hes bang right about kuyt - a lovable donkey :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement