Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EIDW back tracking

Options
  • 30-09-2008 12:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,561 ✭✭✭

ok guys im off work from flying duties till wensday any idea why AC are back tracking rwny 28 at the moment? tower are asking to ac to exit echo seven back track 28 and follow a follow me from echo 2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Celtic Mech

Seen this in an airside ops notice emailed to me in work....Im assuming the original timescale has over-run by a day or so...

Night Works – Thursday 18th to Saturday morning 20th September
    • Taxiways B6, B5, B4, E5 and E4, closed each night, between 2300 and 0500hrs (local), Thursday 18th to Saturday morning 20th September.
    Night Works – Monday 22nd to Saturday morning 27th September
    • Taxiways B6, B5, B4, E5 and E4, closed each night, between 2300 and 0500hrs (local), Monday 22nd to Saturday morning 27th September.
    Between 0001hrs and 0500hrs (local) each night, from Tuesday 23rd to Saturday morning 27th September, Taxiways E3 and H2 shall be withdrawn from service. Aircraft landing on Runway 28 shall be required to taxi via Taxiways B7 and E6 and backtrack the runway to Taxiway E2.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,561 ✭✭✭andy_g

thank you im not back flying for a few days and didnt hear anything about it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 irishatco

How long have you been off work? There has been ongoing WIP on the taxiways all summer, the requirement to backtrack on 28 at night has been an issue for ages.

been off for about six months due to sickness but im back in afew days and tbh i cant wait beats sitting around the house scratching myself :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 dingerpie

Hi Andy,

My curiosity is killing me! I can't remember an Andy that worked as a Dispatcher in Avalanche. Maybe you were before/after my time!

Dingerpie

• Advertisement

hmmm when were ya there?

Advertisement