Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Toshiba XV50 Audio Out Problem

• 30-09-2008 1:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭

Not sure if this has been asked before, I had a quick look and couldn't find anything.

I just got a 32" Toshiba XV50 and am delighted with it. However, I'm having some trouble hooking up a set of 2.1 speakers that I had for my old tv. Obviously it would be better to hook up via optical or whatever, but short of getting a new home theatre kit, I'm using the existing analogue connections.

I've plugged the two RCA (I think) cables from the amp into the "Audio (Fixed)" ports on the back of the TV (which I presume is the same as the Audio Out I used on my previous TV), but the sound still comes out of the TV speakers. I've tried messing around with the settings in order to select audio source or some such option, but with no luck, the sound still comes out of the TV speakers. I'm using a HDMI source by the way, but I thought the Audio (Fixed) would just function as an Audio out for external speakers, am I wrong?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Advertisement