Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cover ups?

Options
  • 30-09-2008 1:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Just wondering if anybody knows of good websites with some pictures, ideas of cover up tattoos? I have a tattoo on the upper left arm and i'd like something to go over it.

Hope someone can post me a link coz i can find much through google.

TIA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

There is no such thing as a specific cover up tattoo as far as I am aware. Most tattoos that are of a larger size than the original will be able to cover another depending on the original design of course.

What sort of tattoo are you looking for? Could you post a picture of what you want covered up so we can make suggestions? Why do you want/need a cover up? Is there nothing that can be done to the original to make you happier with it? Touch up of ink, something added to it, etc....?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭hot2def

I know it sounds mad, but....

NOT ALL RESEARCH IS BEST DONE ON THE INTERNET.

any romotely decent cover up will need to be tailored to your particular design, by a living, breathing tattooist.

Now I know your next port-of-call will be to ask an internet forum which is the best tattooist for this. This appraisal is best done by you, in person, by speaking with various tattooists about your options and seeing their portfolio, because only you have a clear idea what looks good to you.

Its also terribly important to have an idea what sort of style of work you want done, the tattooist will need a starting point to work from, if its not feasible he/she will let you know.

Any suggestions made here about tattooists are pure conjecture. you might hate my favourite tattooist, or be looking for a style which is not their strong suit.

I'm afraid, my dear, that its off to a tattoo parlour for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭darsar

Firstly, hot2def, thank you for your reply. I take on board what you say about visiting different places to see artists. That is exactly what I did before posting yesterday and I got the imression from the tattooist that he didn't want to talk to me as he was in the middle of tattooing somebody. So I wasn't getting his full attention and thoughts.

Soundman,
    I don't not like my tattoo, its just that if you look at the picture, that is what is on my right arm.

On my left arm I have the rosary beads wrapped around the arm and the cross hanging down too.

Obviously through my stupidity and after the excitment of having them on me went, I realised that when I wear a t-shirt it looks like I have the same tattoo on both arms (the cross bit is the same size and hangs at same level on both arms, a t-shirt sleeve usually comes down to the cross on the cross on me) !

I will post a picture as soon as i get my camera later to night for a more clearer idea.

I appreciate boards.ie users views and I feel the opinions of people on here can be great help so it will be worth to try all ares to ensure i make the right decision this time.

Advertisement