Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Impact Spoilers

• 30-09-2008 7:36am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭

TNA Impact spoilers from Orlando
    Angelina Love b ODB when Velet Sky spits alcohol in ODB's face

ODB told Traci Brooks she wanted a tag match against both Beautiful People and Brooks told her to get a partner

Homicide & Hernandez b Chris Sabin & Alex Shelley when Hernandez pinned Sabin clean with a power bomb. Winning team is in the Monster's Ball match at Bound for Glory

Jeff Jarrett came out for his interview regarding Kurt Angle's comments to the U.K. Sun. They leave out his complaints like they have too many confusing gimmicks and non-finishes and only use the part where Kurt Angle talked about how he had a bond with Vince McMahon that he never had with Jeff Jarrett and Dixie Carter, saying they were like father and son. Jeff noted that two years ago when Kurt was begging TNA to sign him and thanked them for saving his life, he said different things. He said Kurt cut an interview two years ago about Vince McMahon and Jeff wouldn't put on TV then, but decided to put it on now.

Kurt "just showed up" and Jeremy Borash told Kurt that Jeff showed the video interview from two years ago and Jim Cornette wants to see him.

LAX told Jim Cornette they want Beer Money at the PPV, not Monster's Ball. Obviously Cornette will then put Beer Money in the Monsters Ball

Jim Cornette fined Kurt Angle $25,000 for talking to the press. What, they couldn't ask him to do a job for Brock Lesnar so he could quit on them and Jim Ross could talk about how John Wayne walked away from a fight.

Sheik Abdul Bashir won a three-way over Jimmy Rave and Eric Young

Team 3-D & Booker T b Christian Cage & Jay Lethal & A.J. Styles. Styles accidentally hit Cage and Booker pinned him. Styles and Cage argued after the match

Beer Money does a promo saying there is no competition in TNA's tag team division, and since there is no competition, they can't make money. Bury your company some more why not. They issued an open challenge to any team in TNA, or even the Midnight Express or Rock & Roll Express. I hear Mary Jannetty is living in Florida and needs work. All the teams came out and Cornette said it looked like there was enough competition, and into Monsters Ball they will go.

ODB & Rhaka Khan (who is the mystery woman in the mixed trios match at Bound for Glory) b Love & Sky. Kip James & the People attack them until Rhino makes the save, and there you have the trios match for Bound for Glory.

Show ended with Mick Foley out there. He said it was one of the biggest nights of his career and thanked Vince McMahon for making that possible saying Vince made it one of the easiest decisions of his career. But before we can get a classic promo, Kurt Angle came out and he's mad at Jeff Jarrett. Kurt even uttered the line, "Jeff, it looks like I'm not the only one who lost his wife." You expect class at TNA wrestling? Well, at least Hector Guerrero can't do any complaining. Foley and Angle went back-and-forth and it wound up with Foley as the ringside enforcer during Jarrett vs. Angle

:rolleyes: Seriously there are some things you dont use in Wrestling angles. I guess it is offical Jarrett is exploiting his wife death.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭the flananator

Well this has never happened in wrestling before. Oh wait....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Well this has never happened in wrestling before. Oh wait....

For example? Still it doesnt exucuse it. I have LOL @ Jeff using cancer to get over and likely failing as he always does.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,328 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

WWE exploiting Eddie Guerrero's death with that Angle between Rey and Randy Orton

WWE exploiting Eddie Guerrero's death with that Angle between Rey and Randy Orton

Eddie was a Wrestler, Jill Jarrett wasnt even an on air personality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭michael.etc...

That show sounds like an absolute mess.

I'm with Rovert on the Angle comments. Utterly disgusting.

the fact that Orton's storyline exploited Eddie's death makes no different- that was deplorable too.

I can't believe in his first feud back, Jarrett's already pulled this one out.

• Advertisement

That show sounds like an absolute mess.

There are SHOOTING you see.
    I can't believe in his first feud back, Jarrett's already pulled this one out.

I thought how he had treated his wife's death was tasteful up this point.

I hate to THAT guy even it is 15 months on but I dont think wrestlers should be talking about people's wives dying in an angle after the events of last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Before i make my post i wanna know, Rovert is this one of those times your being sarcastic?
    rovert wrote: »
    There are SHOOTING you see.

:rolleyes:

This is old news though, jeffs wife died a year ago in may did she not?

Its not as if it was last week or anything?

Before i make my post i wanna know, Rovert is this one of those times your being sarcastic?

Come again?

Do not think worked shoots are lame in 2008?
    This is old news though, jeffs wife died a year ago in may did she not?

Its not as if it was last week or anything?

I guess it is fair game then :rolleyes:

Come again?

Do not think worked shoots are lame in 2008?

I just wanted to clear up something, you used capitol lettering.
    (remember the discussion from yesterday?)

I guess it is fair game then :rolleyes:

Never said it made it fair.

Just i wouldnt watch tna that much and when i first seen this thread i thought it was extremely insensitive.

Then i checked wiki (;)) and now i STILL (not intended to sarcastic) think its insensitive, but just not as much.

• Advertisement

Then i checked wiki (;)) and now i STILL (not intended to sarcastic) think its insensitive, but just not as much.

Explain?

Explain?

No.

:p

Ok. I checked Jeffs wiki site to find out what happened his wife.

No.

:p

Ok. I checked Jeffs wiki site to find out what happened his wife.

And you reached this conclusion:
    Just i wouldnt watch tna that much and when i first seen this thread i thought it was extremely insensitive.

Then i checked wiki () and now i STILL (not intended to sarcastic) think its insensitive, but just not as much.

I hope that artical mentions how young her children are.

I hope that artical mentions how young her children are.

Nope, it doesnt.

How old are they?

Nope, it doesnt.

How old are they?

I cant tell you off hand but I do remembered reading Jill had a baby just prior to her second (and final) bout of cancer.

I cant tell you off hand but I do remembered reading Jill had a baby just prior to her second (and final) bout of cancer.

I apologise if my comments made me out that after i heard that it was a year ago that she died i thought less of what was said on impact.

Just wanted to clear that up.

I just think that it speaks volumes about the company if their booker/owner/"lead babyface" has to exploit his wife's cancer to get over. But then again this is the same person who cut off his own father over signing Koslov.

I just think that it speaks volumes about the company if their booker/owner/"lead babyface" has to exploit his wife's cancer to get over.

I agree, its extremelly low.

Especially with kids, they are going to see that some day :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Jeff Jarrett is already over it was Angle that said it, I'm actually liking the new based on real events booking TNA is doing at the moment

EdK wrote: »
    Jeff Jarrett is already over

*Laughs like a mad man*

I'm actually liking the new based on real events booking TNA is doing at the moment

Even though that stuff is lost on the majority of wrestling fans.

• Advertisement

Rovert when was the last time you watched Impact?, Jarrett is recieving a good reaction

Jeff Jarrett is already over it was Angle that said it, I'm actually liking the new based on real events booking TNA is doing at the moment

I slightly disagre, where as i like the idea of breaking kayfabe ( so to speak). The manner in which they are doing it is a bit risque. Maybe they want to get the fans who have been turned off by wwe's recent PG switch.

Rovert when was the last time you watched Impact?, Jarrett is recieving a good reaction

Last Satuday's episode. Sorry but a good reaction in the Impact zone means little in the grand scheme of things. Ratings have dipped when he appears on television and the 1,000 fans (0 paid) the IMPACT zone are the hardest of the hardcore and are "bribed" to cheer by Borash between every segment. That said I like Jarrett's return promos even if they are flawed and contain ridiclous revisionist history.

I slightly disagre, where as i like the idea of breaking kayfabe ( so to speak). The manner in which they are doing it is a bit risque. Maybe they want to get the fans who have been turned off by wwe's recent PG switch.

I really dont think fans have been turned off due to the PG rating.

I disagree too. Even by "good reaction", he hardly gets main event level reactions, which is especially underlined by the fact that even after a long absence, fans are hardly pissing their seats at the sight of him. And yeah, he just isn't percieved by anyone outside of the Impact zone, as a performer of the level he believes himself to be.

I do agree that (at least in principle), the reality aspect of booking is cool, but they've been really unconvincing, and this example was just disgusting.

Last Satuday's episode. Sorry but a good reaction in the Impact zone means little in the grand scheme of things. Ratings have dipped when he appears on television and the 1,000 fans (0 paid) the IMPACT zone are the hardest of the hardcore and are "bribed" to cheer by Borash between every segment. That said I like Jarrett's return promos even if they are flawed and contain ridiclous revisionist history.

Well the Impact zone is where they run shows from what other info am I going to draw conclusions from?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Jarrett got a big reaction in Canada for No Surrender.

I really dont think fans have been turned off due to the PG rating.

Ok, im a fan.

I dont like the new wwe PG direction, so i think i am going to watch TNA to get what im not getting from wwe.

Kinda as if TNA is my mistress.

*I'm speaking hypothetically here. I cant walk away from wwe, we have too much of a love/hate relationship.

I'd use protection then.

You might catch some sort of horrible, errr.. stipulation.

• Advertisement

I dont like the new wwe PG direction, so i think i am going to watch TNA to get what im not getting from wwe.

I keep on reading on boards people referring to the "wwe PG direction" as this major turn off but I have noticed not much difference in the product, outside of the blood thing.

The fact of the matter Jarrett removed himself after dragging his heels from television for a reason, the fans were sick of the sight of him in the worst way.

I keep on reading on boards people referring to the "wwe PG direction" as this major turn off but I have noticed not much difference in the product, outside of the blood thing.

Divas maybe? cant deny less of a presence of the puppies.

Comic-Book-Guy honestly, honestly hand on a stack of bibles stuff here you need to read the story in the last week's Wrestlong Observer on the lack of fan interest in WWE. Ive said before on boards but it is probably the best piece of Wrestling writing Ive ever read. It is like 7 or 8 pages and totally detailed with tonnes of points presented. There was two reasons why Meltzer was prompted to write the article one was the Heyman column from last week and second is to explore the steep drop off in fans pretty much directly after Wrestlemania. Fans saw something around/during Wrestlemania which turned a portion off completely. Wrestlemania was months before the change to PG. Obviously you are totally free to talk about your own view of the product (like I needed to state that.)

The fact of the matter Jarrett removed himself after dragging his heels from television for a reason, the fans were sick of the sight of him in the worst way.

Yes so he took himself off TV for 22 out of 23 months and that one month in which he was on TV he was received very well.

Comic-Book-Guy honestly, honestly hand on a stack of bibles stuff here you need to read the story in the last week's Wrestlong Observer on the lack of fan interest in WWE. Ive said before on boards but it is probably the best piece of Wrestling writing Ive ever read. It is like 7 or 8 pages and totally detailed with tonnes of points presented. There was two reasons why Meltzer was prompted to write the article one was the Heyman column from last week and second is to explore the steep drop off in fans pretty much directly after Wrestlemania. Fans saw something around/during Wrestlemania which turned a portion off completely. Wrestlemania was months before the change to PG. Obviously you are totally free to talk about your own view of the product (like I needed to state that.)

Thank you for pointing this out to me, is there anywhere i can read it for free online or anything?

^^^
    Brian and Dave also had a good talk about alot of that on the radio show that followed that issue i think.

Yes so he took himself off TV for 22 out of 23 months and that one month in which he was on TV he was received very well.

But nowhere near as well as someone who had pushed themselves to such a permanent main event level should have been recieving upon reappearing.

• Advertisement

That was right off the back of his mega-heel run, of course he wasn't going to be super over.

But the point is, the way in which he perceives himself is totally different from the perception your average fan has of him... a mid-carder.

That was right off the back of his mega-heel run, of course he wasn't going to be super over.

That being which time period?

Thank you for pointing this out to me, is there anywhere i can read it for free online or anything?

There is always torrent sites for everything, but I do think it is worth paying for certionly over the retail Wrestling mags (even if Im in them.) :o

But he is a main eventer, there was nobody in the first 3 and a half years of TNA that deserved and could credibly hold the title besides Jarrett, Styles and Raven so when the big names came in, he stepped back. Ron Killings and Styles were never great Worlds Champions. He carried the load on his own until he had people in TNA to help carry the load ie. Christian, Sting, Angle and Joe.

• Advertisement

That being which time period?

2004-2006.

There is always torrent sites for everything, but I do think it is worth paying for certionly over the retail Wrestling mags (even if Im in them.) :o

PM what im supposed to be looking for.

I think linking to torrents etc etc is frowned upon by the mods.

PM what im supposed to be looking for.

I think linking to torrents etc etc is frowned upon by the mods.

I was suggesting you pay for it: www.f4wonline.com

But he is a main eventer, there was nobody in the first 3 and a half years of TNA that deserved and could credibly hold the title besides Jarrett, Styles and Raven so when the big names came in, he stepped back. Ron Killings and Styles were never great Worlds Champions. He carried the load on his own until he had people in TNA to help carry the load ie. Christian, Sting, Angle and Joe.

The X Division when featured drew better buyrates during the weekly PPVs days than Jarrett.

Jerry Jarrett has stated that NWATNA was setup as vanity promotion to prove that Jeff could be a proper main event draw. Guess what that promotion lost money hand over fist. Panda Energy keep the company afloat until they reached a deal with Spike TV. Which lead to Spike and Panda co-financing major contracts. Jeff falied to carry the load.
    2004-2006.

He did generate BOO YOU HEEL! heat it was rather turn off oh christ not you again heat.

I'm suprised they didn't whip out the "Your wife's dead~!" line last week when Angle was goading Double J into a match a BFG. Seemed like a good time to use it. And who exactly did this line offend? If Jarrett is ok with it, then so am I; he's the booker for God's sake. Personally I'm loving the realism of this fued. Moreover, the line has done exactly what it set out to do; get people talking.

I'm suprised they didn't whip out the "Your wife's dead~!" line last week when Angle was goading Double J into a match a BFG. Seemed like a good time to use it.

A good time?
    And who exactly did this line offend?

I didn’t say it was offensive merely it showed a lack of class and comes across as desperate. You don’t see WWE build Wrestlemania around this type of thing, I know you can bring up Eddy Guerrero but the offensive elements of that storyline were toned down well before Wrestlemania. Jeff IS using his wife to get over as a babyface because he cant any other way.
    If Jarrett is ok with it, then so am I; he's the booker for God's sake.

That is no justification for an angle like this, sorry. Him booking angle actually makes it worse.
    Personally I'm loving the realism of this fued.

There’s not much realism if you pay attention to the promos. Yes incorporating realism can be good in Wrestling when done in a positive way. But Wreslting is meant to be escapist fun for the most part bringing up cancer and death is not that.
    Moreover, the line has done exactly what it set out to do; get people talking.

Yeah about how crass the angle has become. The Mike Levy incident got people talking too you know.:rolleyes: TNA will do the 1.1 or lower rating they always do.

From the following week's spoilers:
    Mick Foley comes out and thanks the crowd for last week, saying it was a special moment for him. Foley said he is proud to be in a company where he can call what they do professional wrestling. Foley says he will be fair as the Enforcer at the PPV and will deal with anyone who tries to interfere. He then introduces both Jeff Jarrett and Kurt Angle. Jeff Jarrett tells Angle that TNA made a mistake in hiring Angle but it was something he had to live with. Jarrett said there's no other way to settle it. Jarrett said he has something that Angle earned and hands him back his gold medal. They shale hands and Angle tells Jarrett to apologize to his daughters because daddy won't be coming home after the PPV.

Lets make fun of orphans now

A good time?

Yeah it would have been awesome.
    you can bring up Eddy Guerrero but the offensive elements of that storyline were toned down well before Wrestlemania.

Thats irrelevant it was still used to get Mysterio over.
    Jeff IS using his wife to get over as a babyface because he cant any other way.

Makes sense doing it then eh?
    Yes incorporating realism can be good in Wrestling when done in a positive way.

A positive way? Lame. Save that one for your Miss Ireland speech.:rolleyes:
    Wreslting is meant to be escapist fun for the most part bringing up cancer and death is not that.

I guess that comes down to personal preference. I'm not saying that cancer is tremendous fun, but it's adding a lot of intensity to this fued for me personally.

Lets make fun of orphans now

Ok. Oliver Twist was a greedy douchebag.

Seriously though "Daddy won't be coming come home" is pretty harmless.

Besides I think I'll reserve judgement for whats being discussed here until after I'vewatched the episodes in question, thank you very much.

Why do you keep saying Jarrett used his wifes death to get over as a babyface?, he got that natural reaction when she died and didnt go desperately seeking it,he's been face since he was revealed as Eric Youngs friend, before Jill died.

And anyway could he possibly be a heel at the moment?

Here is video with Foley's debut (which was done quite well, Tenay's introduction of him was very classy) but to me Angle's comments about Jeff's wife ruined it as Foley looked appalled. It really took from the moment I feel.

I still don't see how it ruined the segment. It was a great segment, especially the middle bit when Foley seemed legitimately angry at Angle saying that he carried the company. He might even pass as an HBO level actor.

• Advertisement
Advertisement