Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin city bans

Options
  • 30-09-2008 7:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭

Recently I was banned from Dublin city for reacting to moronic and frankly stupid posts by people on the site. Now I can understand mods sticking to the letter of the law and banning for what they see as personal attacks however, I believe that if the mods tackle the root cause and start banning people who comment with complete rubbish to threads or indeed hijack threads, then proper users of the boards would not get frustrated and banned for pointing out the shortcomings of annoying “contributors” on this site.

I would be interested in what other users of the boards feel on this topic. – No doubt this will attract a few moronic posts but maybe, just maybe it wont!
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

If you have a problem with the moderation of a particular forum then you should PM the mods of said forum.

If they don't give you the response you require then take it up with a cmod or smod.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

You might be better raising this in Helpdesk.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

This forum is about events and happenings in Dublin.

This is the link to the helpdesk, someone should be able to help you over there

:)
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=30

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

scotsmarc wrote: »
    Recently I was banned from Dublin city

The whole city? :eek: How do they police that?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

The policing has been outsourced to the local junkies and chuggers....
    WindSock wrote: »

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

WindSock wrote: »
    An evil witch made him scared of water and bridges and left him outside the canals.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Moved to Feedback!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,636 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

OP, posters who respond to idiotic posts, spam or trolls are as bad, if not worse, than the original culprit.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Recently I was banned from Dublin city for reacting to moronic and frankly stupid posts by people on the site.

So instead of reporting the post and letting a Mod deal with the problem you personally abused these people?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

Anyone know a mobile mechanic that could come out and fix my Land Rover as it would not start today.
    Mairt wrote: »
    Its a Land Rover, probably won't start most days :D
    Knob end post
    Mairt Posts: 4,809. Posts of any use to anyone who is not a complete moron. 0

That's one of the most deserved bans I've ever seen discussed in feedback.

• Advertisement

Wreck wrote: »
    That's one of the most deserved bans I've ever seen discussed in feedback.

Poor ol Scot obviously hasn't seen a picture of Mairt :D

Brave soul.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

probably just trying to tell everyone he's got a land rover?

well, in that case, my friend, I have a 4 story mansion with a basement full of hookers and coke...

wanna visit?
    oh crap, yah, i forgot you have no way of getting to my house without your land rover!

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

nevf wrote: »
    probably just trying to tell everyone he's got a land rover?

well, in that case, my friend, I have a 4 story mansion with a basement full of hookers and coke...

wanna visit?
    oh crap, yah, i forgot you have no way of getting to my house without your land rover!

nevf with hookers? probably can't get it up most days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

copacetic wrote: »
    nevf with hookers? probably can't get it up most days.
    yah, used to happen me all the time, but then i just realised it was the women's fault, so i dumped them all. Of course I killed them all first.

But with your mother, she has me standing like a lighthouse every morning, and evening. Now, if you'd just excuse me for a moment...

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

****. Have to sell my shares in Landrover.
    I see fight the powah TM lost 98% of its share value just one day after floating publically. Hard luck OP.

Advertisement