Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Price Gone down by 100

Options
  • 30-09-2008 8:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭

Hi All,

on the 29th of August I bought a BOSE Sound Dock in The Soundstore in Cork, for 299 euro. Over the weekend I was in the BOSE shop in Dundrum, when I saw the same product for 199. When I enquired about the price drop, they told me that the price had gone down on 1st of September, 2 days after I bought my one.

So is there anything I can do.

Regards

Gavin

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Nope

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Unfortunately not. It always hurts when you see a price drop soon after you purchase an item, but that's the way it goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭I.S.T.

GavinH wrote: »
    Hi All,

on the 29th of August I bought a BOSE Sound Dock in The Soundstore in Cork, for 299 euro. Over the weekend I was in the BOSE shop in Dundrum, when I saw the same product for 199. When I enquired about the price drop, they told me that the price had gone down on 1st of September, 2 days after I bought my one.

So is there anything I can do.

Regards

Gavin

See if they have a price match policy. Or just go in, talk to a manager (nicely!) and tell them you saw the same setup for €199. They might give you your hundred back. You don't ask, you don't get.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Doubt you'll get any money back... very nice manager if you do!

I suggest in future, when making a large enough purchase, you research the price elsewhere (online etc..) and see if the model is soon to be replaced.
    This could well indicate a price reduction in the near future, so I'd hold off from buying then.
    You can usual then judge if something is overpriced and wait for it to be reduced - in fact, some stores may well tell you when they will reduce the price.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

By law they have to do nothing, however they might give you "some" money back if their nice,

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭N_Raid

I wouldn't think so. You knew the price at the time a decided to pay it. If the price went up would you go in and pay them the difference?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭LolaDub

Can you not just return it and then buy it in the cheaper store?

edit-i see you bought it a month ago, have you used it? If so then i doubt theres anything you can do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

LolaDub wrote: »
    Can you not just return it and then buy it in the cheaper store?

edit-i see you bought it a month ago, have you used it? If so then i doubt theres anything you can do

OP does not have the "right" to return it. There may be a policy in the store which allows "change of mind" returns, then he could repurchase it at the lower price. However this policy is purely good will by the company, and as such, cannot be demanded or expected.

Its worth a try though !

Advertisement