Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Order own in scenarios

Options
  • 30-09-2008 9:30am
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Anyone else notice this?
    I spend most of my time playing destruction and losing the vast majority of scenarios.
    I play my order chars the odd time and almost always win scenarios.

I feel the dwarfs are just so tough,their tanks seem to be able to take a lot more damage than the chosen or black orc.
    Also the dwarf runepriest is just so much tougher than the destruction healers.
    Im sure there are more reasons but the dwarf element stands out for me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭bubonicus

I don't do that many scenarios, but what you say about dwarfs is bang on. They are tough little nuts to crack.

Also their knock back ability seems to be way more powerful than any on the destrustion side. But I think they get knock back from a morale bar. Where as destro seem to have it as an action button.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭death1234567

its about 50-50 for me. I find that the numbers are rarely balanced. One side always has more and just zerg's to victory. Maybe once or twice its been even.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

I find it depends on the scenario.

Im only playing Tor anroc these days because if your in the Avalon or Saphery zone you can make really good xp if you win and the scenario seems to be running every 10 minutes

10-12K for 8 minutes in the scenario
    2 K for Completing Scenario
    2 K for getting 20 kills

So roughly 15 k per scenario WIN.

if you lose you only get about 3k - 10k depending on how badly you lose.

To win the scenario constanly you need to have the +25% Speed Standard because once you get the babel its extremly hard to lose. Some Order are expolting a bug at the moment that give them a 50% buff that they dont lose for a long time.

But for Destro its very easy to win, as a marauder I get Charge & Flee which I can use to get to the babel first alot of the time. If you had a standard +25% speed, I think I would get it all the time as long as the Order white lion? exploit wasn't being abused. Infact on the US servers they are bitching that Order NEVER win it!!

2 cents

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Dcully wrote: »
    Anyone else notice this?
    I spend most of my time playing destruction and losing the vast majority of scenarios.
    I play my order chars the odd time and almost always win scenarios.

I feel the dwarfs are just so tough,their tanks seem to be able to take a lot more damage than the chosen or black orc.
    Also the dwarf runepriest is just so much tougher than the destruction healers.
    Im sure there are more reasons but the dwarf element stands out for me.

You want to know the reason. For scenarios queue I wait about 1-30 seconds. I see the same order players over and over again. We are basically levelling through pvp as their is no wait time. And from my side, I will admit my win loss ratio is around 10:1.

Rune priests are pretty much the same as all the other healers, they have to be focused fired. I don't know much but after a lvl 14 Chosen and now a lvl15 Blademaster I would say the Chaos tanks really need to learn their role in pvp. I have only seen one group actually use tanks to good effect on the destruction side, that includes when I was playing on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I've noticed that whatever side I'm on loses. So Dcully, if you want to win give me a shout and I'll join the other side! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

unless you have exceptional players it seems to come down to which side has more people closer to the level cap for that tier wins

even without insta queues scenarios seem much quicker than questing for leveling (if you win most of the time anyway)

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭KingLoser

Noticed this too.

On K8P the Order are controlling most of the zones and winning the scenarios. (Can only really speak on the ones I've joined..) Since I'm on Order, it's quite nice! :D

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I've noticed that if the destro side has a tank and a healer who actually understand their roles, they have a good shot at winning easily.

It comes down to knowing your roles and using assist a lot. I play a Stunty Engineer which is fun but Orcs simply hack me up. I do notice a lot of winning teams with higher rank but its still a great way to level! :)

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭death1234567

DeVore wrote: »
    its still a great way to level! :)
    Yeah it great to get Exp for doing it, and its nice to have another way to get exp aswell as Pq's and quests.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭toxick

it really depends on the players and there roles, when i was in northand(sp) playing a bright wiz, i was rank 2.. came out on top of DPS at the end of the game by 5k+, i was on with around 23k damage done.

Order in my opion know how to play, as most kiddies would prob goto destruction cause they "look cooler" imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭KingLoser

toxick wrote: »
    Order in my opion know how to play, as most kiddies would prob goto destruction cause they "look cooler" imo.
    Or most of the kiddies were annoyed after rolling Alli in WoW now flipsided to Destruction, causing the same problems, only reversed sides. Nice! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 44 3D

Lost one match in about 10 Northand last night as destro on Eltharion.

T2 scenarios are more even but you are still looking at about 75% wins for Destruction.

T3 only done Tor Anroc and back up to about one match in ten we loose - its at the stage we wonder how long the match will take rather than if we are going to win/loose tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 =ABE=

depends on the group tbh alot of partys join the sc's

the 6 man group we had from cry me a rvr owned 6 in a row defending with teamspeak is the only way tbh

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Definitely. If I see the opposition all with the same guild tag and I'm in a PUG, I know we are going to get owned.

Its not about Order vs Destro, its about who are playing as a team and who is playing as Zerg.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Played Stone Troll Crossingon K8P today as my Witchunter. I doubt a single Order player had a clue. The Destros rolled around in a big group of 8-10 players, either guarding the flag carrier or intercepting him. The Order's just zerg'd the nearest enemy they saw.

So it all comes down to organisation, as it should in a team based RvR game like this. And how areChosen always topping the damage lists, aren't they tanks :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

Something else I came across yesterday.

Playing Destro on Tor Anroc with another guild, when we got the babel everyone ran back towards our spawn point and kept running past it towards the east side of the scenario I suppose. ANYWAY then everyone jumped off the edge down on to a little cave? or strip of rock under the pathways and stayed there until the round was over.

In order for order to attack us they had to jump down (losing 1/3 health in the process) and then they would get instantly jumped on by 10 or so people.

interesting tactic though

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Tier 1 has a 90% win rate for Destruction from what I have seen.

I was terrible at it until I worked out what hits I should use on what type of character.

Dont spirit hit a priest for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 3D

Was aiming for 30k dmg on my sorc in Northanland last night best I got was 29.5k :( Dedicated Zealot healing me and rank 11 - rank 12 now so it will never happen - damn you xp damn you

One thing I did notice was right at the start if you pushed the fortress as destruction and got the order players back to the bridge from the lighthouse you have pretty much won the game.

If however order manages to push you back down the hill to the barracks then you have pretty much lost. Thankfully that didnt happen (too often) :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Have only played Tier 1 & 2 scenarios so far, but Destro own ~80% of the ones that I play on Karak Hirn. Tier 1 scenarios especially so... Think I levelled from 5-11 with only losing 2 of them.

Depends on the group really, sometimes you get people who just click and work well together, sometimes you get a bunch of clueless muppets

Advertisement