Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car Stereo Boards User Suggestions

Options
  • 30-09-2008 9:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭

Hey All,

Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions on a decent Car Stereo for a budget of around €100 (+/-20)?

The basics for it would be:
    CD player with MP3/WMA support
    Aux in
    (Bluetooth, USB, SD Card would be nice but not necessary)

I've noticed a few in the Argos catalog, but I'm not sure about these.

Anyone know of any decent bargains out there currently?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

To get all those features, you will need to spend more than €100!
    I spent the last month or 2 looking for a stereo that fitted exactly what i wanted.....bluetooth and full ipod compatability. I eventually settled on this.... http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/jvc-kdbt22-p-6537.html?cadid=2npd7u16htpsvfks5skgfhh8e6
    Great headunit and actually looks a lot better than in the pic! You could get it delivered from England from that website for around €200ish

• Registered Users Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭2 Espressi

The basic Sony Xplod headunits have most of what you're looking for. I got mine on Pixmania for €120, it has usb/aux/mp3cd. I've seen some complaints about sony stereos in the past, but mine's worked flawlessly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭slapper

2 Espressi wrote: »
    The basic Sony Xplod headunits have most of what you're looking for. I got mine on Pixmania for €120, it has usb/aux/mp3cd. I've seen some complaints about sony stereos in the past, but mine's worked flawlessly.
    ya i like the xplode system had one in the last car will be putting one in this one too

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭chavezychavez

Nice one guys.

On a closer inspection, it does seem apparent that I'll have to go up around the 150 mark for a decent head unit all right.

There are a few Sony's on the argos site that I might take a look at.

I'll try a bricks and mortar down here, but in my hole of an area, they would have the monopoly like every other shop and charge through the roof.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭2 Espressi

Find a model you like, in Halfords or wherever, then buy it online for less...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

Halfords have a nice Jvc One for about 119€ , has Aux for Mp3 and a usb connection for usb keys and the like , been going grand so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 556 ✭✭✭Bobo78

I would definately go for the Pioneer one for 120 euro.
    I think it s DEH 400 but i m not 100 percent sure.
    I have a older model of that one and it s a savage one with great sound.

EDIT: I meant the one from Argos.

Advertisement