Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vista Nightmare - Please help.

• 30-09-2008 10:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys

I treated my self (on drip) to a nice hp laptop with built in blu ray on fri.

The laptop is great but there is 1 MAJOR problem.

The video playback is a joke.
    This would be video that was stored on a portable hard drive or video i downloaded.

Its plays the video in wmp 11 its all green and & the sound breaks up.

I downloaded a media player which is brilliant it plays my media with no problem crystal clear.

Is there any way to get something to fix the wmp 11 to read the formats it was able to read on windows xp?

Even though the media player I got is 100 times better that wmp 11 I would still like it working all the same.

Cause of this problem I can’t convert video to my itouch.

Cheers lads

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

you need a correct codecs try these and dont use crappy WMP use Media Player Classic or VLC

oh what has this problem to do with Vista :confused:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,510 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

its a codec problem alright, install the codecs and you'll be flying :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

Thanks for the help guys i will try it when i get home

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭NullZer0

Auvers wrote: »
    you need a correct codecs try these and dont use crappy WMP use Media Player Classic or VLC

oh what has this problem to do with Vista :confused:

+1

Advertisement