Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Collecting Charity Donations on-line

Options
  • 30-09-2008 10:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,124 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for a "solution" for collecting charity donations online and am hoping someone might share their experiences and recommendations.

I'm checking out mycharity.ie and paypal MyCharity.ie look for €500 a year +3%

What I'm looking for is a low cost flexible solution for collecting donations. It must:
    • Provide support for choosing the application of the funds (to different projects), with the ability to edit this list
    • Provide for anonymous donations
    • Provide for the collection of sufficient donor information for follow-up for tax refund purposes and for merging with off-line donations
    • Display of amount collected is optional

The amount expected to be collected through this functionality is not huge, so its got to be a low cost solution in terms of setup, per donation and annual running costs.

The charity in question does run a payment service on their website via email, so has a merchant services supplier (Realex) and a backend database in MySQL

Any suggestions? Off the shelf or develop our own? Any suggestions as to how many hours a developer would need to put this together?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

This is probably a bit basic for you but I've seen it being used for donations, its a widget for websites but you may be able to customise it for your needs. Cheap and cheerful!

http://www.chipin.com/
    ChipIn is a Web-based service that simplifies the process of collecting money from groups of people. We make this process quick, easy, and secure, and we provide organizers with numerous ways to get the word out about their ChipIn event

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭grahamor

try Just giving too

Advertisement