Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Safari 2.

Options
  • 30-09-2008 11:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭

I don't have access to a mac and need to test a site in Safari 2. Is there an online sandbox or something I could use?

Or is there stats on different versions of Safari usage? I don't want to go killing myself of 0.7% of users.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Does it have to be Safari 2? The latest version is 3.

Why not download the Windows version?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

The statistics on browser usage you see are usually generated on sites where the people viewing the site are in web dev/design, so the statistics are quite misleading.

For example. the w3schools.com shows that Firefox has a 43.7% share. From my experience, that's nearly twice the norm. Though, even still, Safari only has 2.6% share.

Edit - Firefox appears to have a plugin to view a site in Safari here

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

Does it have to be Safari 2? The latest version is 3.

Why not download the Windows version?

Yeah, the client uses Safari 2 in one of their offices. Hence the problem, I've tried www.browsershots.com and it looked fine :(

Advertisement