Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Front Page Layout

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Awww no more clouds :( The old layout looks so bland now.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

I much prefer the old layout - YAY!

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

New layout FTW

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

The new layout sucks for people who use it a lot to surf boards rather than the User CP or whatever you people use other than the main page. I think once there is a few less adspace devoted and a posted by section it will all be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭CraggyIslander

Minor, but why is the selection of categories now in a drop down list and not on left hand side anymore?

Instead of simply clicking on a link on the left (which still has loads of space) now have to click on drop down list, scroll down and click again....... I've started using the filtering of firefox for urls to switch between filter=arts, filter=sports, etc....... too much mousemovement gives us lurkers RSI

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83,235 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

New Page?

New Page?

Beuller?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,908 ✭✭✭✭Basq

gaz wac wrote: »
    I miss the new layout :(
    .. then bookmark this!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I actually quite like the new one (not that I use the home page much). The filter seems like a good idea and can be easily expanded in the future to incorporate things like thread prefixes if needs be. I think the google search and ads on the right are too wide, they make the page a little lob sided (can't think of a better way to describe it). It would look better if they were the same width as the left hand column.

While I don't exactly love the clouds image, I don't hate it either and I think it looks better than what was there before.

I'd still prefer a home page that was based on the skin you were using, that would be really cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,908 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Prefer the new layout and think the cloud image really added something.. definitely gives a bit more brightness and colour to the page.

Come back new page.. all is forgiven! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

The old home page seems to be running today and i didn't change it.

This like that for everyone or was there too much negative feedback.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

eVeNtInE wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Had a long day at work and posted with out reading previous posts.

After i posted i seen ppl have been talking about it for hours.

Feel like a fool sorry lads and ladies.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

r3nu4l wrote: »
    I also had a Gmail address at the time when only Google were supplying them to people. :pac:

Yeah.... these days they also give them out to dogs, cats and polar bears.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Yeah.... these days they also give them out to dogs, cats and polar bears.

But not monkeys?

Bring back the old (read: new) page!

I say launch a poll as a sitewide announcement: throw up a picture of index1 and index2 and see which people preferred.

But I guess all is forgiven if you manage to completely tie it into user-set skins.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Overheal wrote: »
    I say launch a poll as a sitewide announcement: throw up a picture of index1 and index2 and see which people preferred.

No point. Leave both of them up for a week or so (as index1 and index2), then kill index1 for a day, when it comes back up kill index2 for a day. Which ever gets the most feedback threads gets to stay. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

See the filter and RSS feeds have been added to the frontpage again.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

All you new page lovin users are nuthin' but cheap whores. The 'old' page stood guard for many years but as soon as something new and fancy comes along ye drop it like a hot snot and hop into bed with the new kid on the block.

Shame on ye all.

:P

Kintaro banned for mass personal abuse :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

The 'old' page stood guard for many years but as soon as something new and fancy comes along ye drop it like a hot snot and hop into bed with the new kid on the block.
    Code for "is afraid of change"? :p

• Advertisement

That page was change we could believe in!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Lol, proof that you can't please everybody no matter what you do! ^^ :D

Last poster is back!! <3

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

I'm all for inovation, but if it ain't broke and people aren't screming for change it.

I was happy with the old and functions:_)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

I want my fluffy clouds back!!:o Prefered the new set up:)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Code for "is afraid of change"? :p

There's no point in accepting change if the changes are worse though :p

I have boards open at work in an office so I keep it taking up about 1/4 of my screen. The new page layout was primarily filled with adds when I did this, it makes the front page look tripe. The adds were very in your face and dominated over the site content. Fair enough if that was the goal but I for one think it was worse than before.

No problem with the colour scheme at all. Hate wider adds and liked the last user.

So I vote for a compromise between the two. Seasonal decoration with better formatting for all

o/ boards

Advertisement