Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

fault codes

Options
  • 30-09-2008 12:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭

hi guys anyone know where you can get a listing on line
    of engine fault codes????
    thanks..:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

there are different types of codes, do you have a code you want to identify??? Best thing sometimes is to just stick it into Google...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭minxie

yeah. friend of mine put it on the computer yest and this came up:
    engine ecu code: p1570,

Darragh29 wrote: »
    nice one...:) only have her a month but had serious issues with another car
    previously so just wanted her checked out..... its not too serious so!!!
    i hope...:D

No, it looks like at some time in the past the handshaking that goes on between the chip in the key and the immobisation system didn't concur and a fault code was generated. If the car is starting fine I wouldn't worry about it, just clear it off...

• Advertisement

yeah he did that,ie cleared it. so dont think ill bother going back
    to the dealer as its ok starting. i was more worried that a fault would
    show up about fuel pump as sort of a problem with these models ie 05
    passat as she doesnt idle very well and more so when you are crawling
    in traffic, it nearly wants to cut out...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

I have an Actron CP9125 scanner, if you need a listing of the codes, do a search for that model. The product page links to a PDF with all ODBII diagnostic codes and explanations.

ned78 wrote: »
    I have an Actron CP9125 scanner, if you need a listing of the codes, do a search for that model. The product page links to a PDF with all ODBII diagnostic codes and explanations.
    sorry am a bit slow on this what do you mean??

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Go to Google, search for Actron CP9125, which will take you to the Actron website. There, they have a link to a owners manual/PDF document which has every single code you could ever want.

ned78 wrote: »
    Go to Google, search for Actron CP9125, which will take you to the Actron website. There, they have a link to a owners manual/PDF document which has every single code you could ever want.
    thanks ned, darragh....:D:D

• Advertisement

minxie1 wrote: »
    yeah he did that,ie cleared it. so dont think ill bother going back
    to the dealer as its ok starting. i was more worried that a fault would
    show up about fuel pump as sort of a problem with these models ie 05
    passat as she doesnt idle very well and more so when you are crawling
    in traffic, it nearly wants to cut out...

Well that isn't connected to your fault code above. When was it last serviced??? If it's a petrol, try cleaning out the throttle body to improve the idling if it is all over the place...

was just serviced when i bought her. just noise seemed very similar to the ones i had with the golf, flywheel,clutch trouble which was never sorted and i couldnt take anymore so got rid of it to a loss of nearly €6,500
    my fault for dealing with cowboys :(
    so went for this one... guy seems very genuine just dont know how to word or approach it really. does seem to make a similar sound after start-up (shuddering) and dont want to go down same road with this one.

was just serviced when i bought her. just noise seemed very similar to the ones i had with the golf, flywheel,clutch trouble which was never sorted and i couldnt take anymore so got rid of it to a loss of nearly €6,500
    my fault for dealing with cowboys :(
    so went for this one... guy seems very genuine just dont know how to word or approach it really. does seem to make a similar sound after start-up (shuddering) and dont want to go down same road with this one.

The Passat's have a dual mass flywheel type clutch set up that will eventually go and cost stupid money to replace. Shuddering could be down to the DMF above on its way out or also engine mountings...

so really the best thing to do is just let him know my misgivings
    on it and take it from there... gave me a 9 mth warranty with it
    and he took the golf as trade in knowing full well its history, so am hoping he will take this seriously...
    wouldnt the diagnostic tool have picked up on a dmf issue tho???

so really the best thing to do is just let him know my misgivings
    on it and take it from there... gave me a 9 mth warranty with it
    and he took the golf as trade in knowing full well its history, so am hoping he will take this seriously...
    wouldnt the diagnostic tool have picked up on a dmf issue tho???

No, that's a mechanical issue, so you won't be getting any fault codes for that. I replaced a Dual Mass Flywheel on a Passat recently and the bill came to around 1,200 Euro, just to give you an idea of what you are getting into if this has to be done!

Get your man to look at it and sort it out.

Darragh29 wrote: »
    No, that's a mechanical issue, so you won't be getting any fault codes for that. I replaced a Dual Mass Flywheel on a Passat recently and the bill came to around 1,200 Euro, just to give you an idea of what you are getting into if this has to be done!

Get your man to look at it and sort it out.
    jeez thats a big bill. im heading out to him tomo so will see what he says.. is it common to go on a 05??

It's a little early for a clutch but DMF type clutches are well known for causing trouble...

Your car might not even have this type of clutch. I think the one I did was an 02.

Advertisement