Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Airside Renault...the cheek!

Options
  • 30-09-2008 12:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭

I can't believe my company. This is an advertisment on our Intranet of a 'special offer' from this Airside Renault, only applying to someone without a trade-in. Would it not be better for my company to advertise, particularily in the current climate, how to save more the 10% on already inflated prices from a main dealer, when buying a car. This is as bad as the latest SIMI advertising
    Airside Renault: Special offer for <INSERT MY COMPANY NAME> staff.
    Up to 10% discount on new or used vehicles purchased between now and the end of the year at Airside Renault.
    In addition to this the purchaser can chose one of the following
    One year road tax or
    Satellite navigation system or
    Bluetooth phone kit.

The above discount is based on having no trade in.

Parts and Service
    Airside Renault has a service special for <INSERT MY COMPANY NAME> staff – ask for details. For general servicing and parts all <INSERT MY COMPANY NAME> staff receive a 15 per cent discount. For all service jobs, Airside Renault will gladly collect the car from <WHERE MY COMPANY OPERATES FROM> and return it once the work is finished. All makes and models are welcome.
    Airside Renault
    Airside Motor Park
    Swords
    County Dublin
    Tel: (01) 883 0500

Rant over! :mad:

What do you people think?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭VERYinterested

flanzer wrote: »
    This is as bad as the latest SIMI advertising

Did you see the guy who presents the SIMI 'ad' is also a road sweeper in the Pat the Baker tv ad?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Don't see what you're complaining about.
    You're getting a discount on something and complaining because it isn't a discount as you'd like it?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

There are plenty of garages up and down the country advertising straight sale prices, and putting in caveats if you have a part exchange. Not necessarily the best practice, but there's nothing wrong or misleading about it either.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭flanzer

ClioV6 wrote: »
    Don't see what you're complaining about.
    You're getting a discount on something and complaining because it isn't a discount as you'd like it?

I'm more p!ssed off because anyone can get at least a 10% discount in any garage nowadays with no trade-in. They on their knees, yet Airside Renault advertise it as a one off special for our staff. I'm also p!ssed off that my company posted it up and Airside Renault get free advertising! I think it would be more benefical in educating staff in how to get a better deal from garages in general, particularilty in the current climate

EDIT: Maybe I got out of bed on the wrong side this morning after catching a glimpse of 'The Apprentice' re-run last night. I'd rather have poured acid in my eyes than watch Mr. Cullen massaging his ego. God if he was made of chocolate, he'd eat himself. By the way, if you don't know, Bill Cullen took over that dealership a number of months back

• Registered Users Posts: 8,396 ✭✭✭BrianD3

I'm more p!ssed off because anyone can get at least a 10% discount in any garage nowadays with no trade-in. They on their knees, yet Airside Renault advertise it as a one off special for our staff.
    What do you expect them to say though? "we're on our knees, please buy our cars, we're so desperate to sell them"

No, they'll try to make out that they are doing staff in your company a favour by selling them a car, the only surprise is that they haven't tried to stir things up by more by saying the offer was for a "Limited time only, hurry hurry hurry!"

It is just a basic principle of marketing that you try to create demand for your product using tactics like these.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

Renault car sales for August '08 were down 32% when compared to Renault car sales for August '07, from 8,705 units to 5,851 units, with new car sales down 42% compared to August '07.

Obviously they have a crisis on their hands, I've a friend who works in a Renault dealership and he said they are selling cars at a loss now just to get them out the gate...

Source: http://www.sbpost.ie/post/pages/p/story.aspx-qqqt=NEWS+FEATURES-qqqm=nav-qqqid=36269-qqqx=1.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 51,245 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Darragh29 wrote: »
    Renault car sales for August '08 were down 32% when compared to Renault car sales for August '07, from 8,705 units to 5,851 units, with new car sales down 42% compared to August '07.

Obviously they have a crisis on their hands, I've a friend who works in a Renault dealership and he said they are selling cars at a loss now just to get them out the gate...

Source: http://www.sbpost.ie/post/pages/p/story.aspx-qqqt=NEWS+FEATURES-qqqm=nav-qqqid=36269-qqqx=1.asp

On that note I know someone who bought a top of the range low mileage 2006 Laguna II the other day for €9,900 from a dealership.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭bostoncommon

I'm more p!ssed off because anyone can get at least a 10% discount in any garage nowadays with no trade-in. They on their knees, yet Airside Renault advertise it as a one off special for our staff. I'm also p!ssed off that my company posted it up and Airside Renault get free advertising! I think it would be more benefical in educating staff in how to get a better deal from garages in general, particularilty in the current climate

EDIT: Maybe I got out of bed on the wrong side this morning after catching a glimpse of 'The Apprentice' re-run last night. I'd rather have poured acid in my eyes than watch Mr. Cullen massaging his ego. God if he was made of chocolate, he'd eat himself. By the way, if you don't know, Bill Cullen took over that dealership a number of months back

He always owned the Dealership in Airside he just changed the names of his dealerships from Citygate to the Bill Cullen Motor Group. God love the person who wins the Apprentice most of the companies he owns at the moment are losing money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

I don't see the issue OP, the dealership obviously approached your company with a "great deal" for your employees. Your company accepted the offer to pass it on to you guys as a benefit.

They've offered you discount on the servicing and a collection and delivery service too.
    It's a pretty simple promotional tool that may or may not work, depending on the customer/market/product.

I don't see the point in saying "the bloody cheek of that garage offering me a discount".
    You may get your car serviced cheaper through an indy garage, or if you may be better off not buying a Renault (both opinions will pop up in this thread at some point). If you think you'll get a better deal elsewhere, or outside this offer, then go for it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Renault
    Admittedly, I stopped caring about here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,322 ✭✭✭✭Esel

I'd say whoever approved that Intranet ad will be getting a verrry sweet deal.

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

What AudiChris said.

You're not obliged to take them up on the offer, you know.

Advertisement