Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Videographer

• 30-09-2008 12:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this - apologies if not.

I'm getting wed next year and we've most things booked. However, we went to a wedding a few weeks ago and saw the benefits of having a videographer record the event.

Does anyone know of a videographer who's just starting out and therefore offers cheap rates? We haven't much in the pot for this, so we'd happily take a bit of a risk on a newby.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

I know a couple of guys that have recently set up business. Thee is Bill McDonald that I worked alongside for one wedding and he is lovely but I havent seen his work.

There is also wedding-dvd.ie that I used myself and they are very very good. You prob would still be paying 1k at least for them though, not sure of Bills rates.

Don't know of any newbies other than that and those guys both have maybe 2 yrs in the biz. Having said that definitely not something I would really take chances on if you are into your dvd, as a shaky camera and then you'll lose interest in watching it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

I have worked with Bill McDonough and he was very good. I have passed on other work to him and he has delivered everytime.

http://www.mcdonoughproductions.com/assets/flash/home.swf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

Wedding videos are being viewed twice. And maybe for the third time after ten years. IMHO waste of money. However that is only my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Dink

Another thumbs up for Bill, very professional!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

Really Thonda? I have watched mine about 20 times and I only got married in December. Anyone want a peak???

Highway to Hell the Musical

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭mikeanywhere

spav wrote: »
    I'm getting wed next year and we've most things booked.

Photographer??

Whereabouts are you located to get video guys/gals near to you??

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭spav

Photographer??

Whereabouts are you located to get video guys/gals near to you??

Yep, the photographer's booked.

I'm based in North Dublin, having the reception in Malahide.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Bill is in Lusk, so near enough

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭Fionn

ok
    sorry for butting in here
    but my experience with video guys has been - not great to be honest!
    last wedding i done the video guy was everywhere with something like a 100,00 watt light - totaly fhucking up some great oppertunities, swinging the goddamn light all over and for the most part getting in the way of good shots!! the metering was all over the place because of the light from his cam
    the only other thing i'd say about video for weddings is - a story that i know about a Best Man who made a total arse of himself during the toasting to the couple - all caught on video, thats been brought out at at every party he's ever attended since, i'm not a great fan!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement