Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Gojira The Way of all Flesh

• 30-09-2008 1:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭

10 of 12 tracks streaming for the next few days on their MySpace page:

http://www.myspace.com/gojira

Astoria, London tomorrow night. :)

Release date: October 13th.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

thats some good **** rite there,pity there not coming to ireland :(.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭djScarey

The track "A sight to behold" is metal but.....:eek:. Could Gojira embark on a profitable small tour of Ireland??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,635 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

thats some good **** rite there,pity there not coming to ireland :(.
    Bastards. I only got into them about a month after they last played here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 418 ✭✭:Keith:

I didn't even know they had been recording an album. Going to give it a listen later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

First 3 or so tracks are mleh, from yamas messengers though its unreal. Track with Randy Blythe is ace but my personal fave at the mo is Esoteric Surgery.

Its certainly no from mars to sirus or the link but a good album none the less!

• Advertisement

Arguably the best track (and probable single) on the album, "Vacuity", is not being streamed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

From Mars to Sirius was one of the best metal albums of recent years. I'll be looking forward to this.

Great Gojira show tonight, though I missed the start through the long and slow queue in. Great drum solo before Greatest Matter finale. Newer material translates well "live."

In Flames kicked off with Sober & Irrelevant followed by Delight and Angers. Sound seemed a bit off, though I wouldn't be a good judge of them. I left shortly after.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

I'm about to see these guys with In flames and 36 crazyfists! fun times

djScarey wrote: »
    Great Gojira show tonight, though I missed the start through the long and slow queue in. Great drum solo before Greatest Matter finale. Newer material translates well "live."

In Flames kicked off with Sober & Irrelevant followed by Delight and Angers. Sound seemed a bit off, though I wouldn't be a good judge of them. I left shortly after.
    Where were they playing tonight, they werent in Ireland without me knowing were they???????

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

nah there not coming to ireland unfortunately.

Patricide wrote: »
    Where were they playing tonight, they werent in Ireland without me knowing were they???????

Astoria in London, where I live. Kilkenny by birth, Metal Heaven by the Grace of God.

Roumers of em playing in cork are flying around but im not buying em. Thinking o making hte trip to see em though. Love Gojira.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Moojuice

New album is brilliant. A real grower, big and bold, more Gojira great riffs......awesome!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

djScarey wrote: »
    Arguably the best track (and probable single) on the album, "Vacuity", is not being streamed.
    There was a thread here not too long ago with Youtube link for Vacuity.
    Patricide wrote: »
    Roumers of em playing in cork are flying around but im not buying em.

That would be unreal :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Picked this up today, been listening to it on repeat. Very good indeed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

Only heard From Mars To Sirius yesterday! But absolutely love it. I'll definitely have a listen to some of the new songs later

Unfortunately, Gojira've now pulled the plug on the on-line album play. They are featured on the BBC Radio 1 rockshow on next Monday night 12-2. The show recording will be available afterwards on-line, for those who are conked out while it's on.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/rockshow/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 davidquinn

to be honest who could blame them. After what has happened to other bands (ie.Metallica and the whole Death magnetic saga) Gojira have there heads screwed on right. Ill definitely buy this album. The video for " Vacuity" is mind blowing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Finally got around to picking this up today. Liking it so far, an improvement over The Link imo.

• Advertisement

After haivng a few weeks with it, i can safely say with the exeption of track 3, this album is a MONSTOR.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Misanthropy

I love this album, just as good as FMTS in my opinion, but I can't stand the horrible metalcore vocals on Adoration for none.

Advertisement