Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car supplies - bulbs / oil / pads - a walk in place that value for money

Options
  • 30-09-2008 2:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭

Around Dublin is there a good place?
    Is Halfords a rip - to be avoided?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,685 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Any decent motor factors will be able to supply you with all the above bits, and more, at prices much more reasonable than Halfrauds.

Where abouts in Dublin? I'm sure someone will direct you to your local one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭worded

Im prepared to travel a bit. Can you name two or three places in a 5 mile or so radius of Dublin?

Much appreciated.

My experiences of the past is that some motor factors are way over priced.

Prepared to travel to a place frequented by the trade that value for $ (Im not)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭Ferris

I use Consort in Artane, don't know if its cheap or expensive but they're helpful and usually have everything I want, unlike Halfrauds. Theres a good place in Swords that a mate uses.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,245 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Maybe these guys if your car is German, Swedish or French:

German Swedish & French

Unit 9, Oak Road Business Park, Nangor Road, Clondalkin, Dublin
    DUBLIN 12
    Tel : 01 460 6062 Opening Times
    Monday-Friday 8.30-5.30pm
    Saturday 9.00-2.00pm

• Registered Users Posts: 12,685 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

I have an account set up with City Auto Components - just of the Walkinstown Roundabout - 01 450 1142.

Have previously used Tallaght Auto Components in Tallaght Village, and Swords Auto Components (I think) on Forest Road in Swords.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭Ferris

bazz26 wrote: »
    Maybe these guys if your car is German, Swedish or French:

German Swedish & French

Unit 9, Oak Road Business Park, Nangor Road, Clondalkin, Dublin
    DUBLIN 12
    Tel : 01 460 6062 Opening Times
    Monday-Friday 8.30-5.30pm
    Saturday 9.00-2.00pm

Brother used them, gave him a clutch cable that was too short. It didn't let the clutch fully engage so that blew two weeks later. They refunded the price of the cable but the damage had been done.

In fairness I have used them since for a lower suspension arm and it seems to be of good quality but it was a valeo item. Probably same as a genuine part.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭information

Ferris wrote: »
    I use Consort in Artane, don't know if its cheap or expensive but they're helpful and usually have everything I want, unlike Halfrauds. Theres a good place in Swords that a mate uses.
    Also a Consort in Finglas, good prices, very helpful and know their stuff

Advertisement