Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CA M15 Sportline Upgrade

Options
  • 30-09-2008 2:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭

I am thinking of upgrading my Sportline. I know ther is plenty of experience on this forum and I would like your help.

What reccomendations for upgrade parts would people make?

Bear in mind I only took apart and reassembled a mech box for the first time last night.

Thanks.
    Tom

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

get some decent gears for it tommy, Even dboys ones, their cheap and solid as a rock, then get yourself a promethius hard piston. its the daddy of all pistons. the gearbox itself is only a 6mm so id reccomend using solid metal bushings instead of bearings. the sportline motor is pretty good so id stick with that.,
    then shim it and she should be a goor performer., :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Tommyboy71

I was going to ask if anyone knew what size bushings to use.

Would a d-boys reciever/upper fit onto the CA frame and would it be much of a job to change?

Thanks for the advice Richie.

I had a feeling that you would be on this like lightening:)

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭cpb

You could always put a D boys gear box into the sportsline I did. If I had not messed around with the hop up (spring missing) I sure it would be ok.Just waiting on parts to fix hop up.

I noticed with the sportsline gearbox that the 6mm bushings were a very tight fit actually cracked a couple trying to fit them in. In the end I gave up trying to repair the sportline gear box not enough time must try soon have a lot of new parts for it going to waste.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

no tommy, the upper reciever is a little different, most plastic recievers have tabs where the read body pin does through, you have to lift the upper receiver off from the back and then forward, with the sportline it has a similar design to the metal armalites where its only held on by the front body pin, once ya remove that the receiver shifts forward and off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Tommyboy71

Had a feeling there would be a difference. Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Beast ASI

vtec wrote: »
    then get yourself a promethius hard piston

Get a TM piston - Will save you money and are ridiculously good once set up right! And Supercores are the daddy of all pistons ;) - Prommy's are a close second :)

Advertisement