Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom announces 24 newly enabled exchanges

Options
  • 30-09-2008 2:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

Announced today

http://www.siliconrepublic.com/news/article/11521/comms/eircom-broadband-enables-24-local-exchanges

The newly enabled exchanges include Foxhole in Cork, Malin in Donegal, Brannockstown in Kildare, Cuffesgrange and Knocktopher in Kilkenny, Kinlough in Leitrim, Ayle, Ballyglass, Murrisk, Newport and Partree in Mayo, Carnaross, Clonmellon, Crossakiel, Drumconrath and Kildalkey in Meath, Kileigh in Offally, Croghan, Fourmilehouse and Kiltoom in Roscommon, Ballinderry in Tipperary, Collinstown, Crookedwood and Drinagh IDA Park in Wexford.

Anyway thought some of you may be interested especially if you live in one of these areas. Otherwise let the usual Eircom flaming begin:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

So I was right, Killeigh WAS the last place in Offaly to get BB :rolleyes:

Anyways, heard about these updates a few weeks back and now running on a 3Mb Digiweb line :D

A slight bit better than 3 mobiles POS.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Cat5

Cuffesgrange! Sure thats in the middle of no where!.. wonder why they did that?:D :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

are these exchanges adsl2? or old hardware from Dublin exchanges?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Oh FFS they still havn't enabled the exchange near me...Thats just crap!
    Atleast i have broadband though,only wireless

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

towel401 wrote: »
    are these exchanges adsl2? or old hardware from Dublin exchanges?

All newly enabled exchanges get spankin new 2+ gear.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

kaizersoze wrote: »
    All newly enabled exchanges get spankin new 2+ gear.

You certain of that? AFAIK my local exchange was only enabled this year with ADSL

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    You certain of that? AFAIK my local exchange was only enabled this year with ADSL

I was told by a few Eircom techs and I know of a few new ones recently done offereng 12 meg 2+.

Advertisement