Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dressing up as Mohammad for Halloween

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Sesshoumaru

bubonicus wrote: »
    Excuse me, Brian was NOT a caricature of Jesus. Maybe you need to watch the movie before making comment.

Brian is only a movie prophet therefore I cannot offend the characters from the movie.

Just to clarify, In the movie, Jesus was born a few stables down from Brian, so infact the Life of Brian had nothing to do with Jesus.

And for your second point, you need to read my first post again. Also All this was in response to this thread.

Yes I watched the movie, several times. Your argument is sad and silly. Where did the inspiration for the life of Brian come from? Would the movie have been made if there was no Christian faith and Jesus? Of course its about Jesus! and I'm reasonably sure you know that as well and are just being difficult for reasons known only to you!
    Fancy Dress Costumes
    bubonicus - You trying to get us all killed? We have loads of offensive costumes on our site but that goes a little too far even for us.

Maybe go with a Jesus Costume Or a Buddha.

I wonder why he considers dressing as the muslim prophet to be a step too far? He's got a Jesus costume on his website!

http://www.thecostumeshop.ie/christmas-male/jesus-costume.html

You've also pulled back from your original plan. Now you'll go as Brian right? do they have a Brian costume? or will that just be the Jesus costume? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭ironingbored

Respect.

tut tut.:rolleyes:

Respect has to be earned. Respect for for fellow human beings is a given. Although I think wearing a Mohammed costume is just a bad choice, not doing so out of respect for beliefs that do not merit respect is another thing. It's time that we called a spade a spade and shouted from the rooftops that the emperor has no clothes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Hi, I trust everyone understands the forum charter and plans to stick by it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭CerebralCortex

...Richard Dawkins,

Why what has he got to do with religion? Last time I checked he was a biologist?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Why what has he got to do with religion? Last time I checked he was a biologist?

You could do an interesting sketch. Several religious folk arguing over which is the one true faith and explaining why each others' faiths are misguided. Then when Dawkins walks in proclaiming that they are all wrong they team up and jump him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

Galvasean wrote: »
    You could do an interesting sketch. Several religious folk arguing over which is the one true faith and explaining why each others' faiths are misguided. Then when Dawkins walks in proclaiming that they are all wrong they team up and jump him.

Weird, have been thinking about that one for a while now. Stay out of my head!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 774 ✭✭✭PoleStar

I dont know why you are asking for peoples approval to dress as Mohammed.

This is Ireland, you can dress as whoever you like.

Although I guess there is a chance of being killed.

Look at what happened to those guys involved in the cartoons of Mohammed.

Maybe Jesus is safer, the only Christians are probabably gonna be drunk and at the party.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Tomk1

PoleStar wrote: »
    I dont know why you are asking for peoples approval to dress as Mohammed.

This is Ireland, you can dress as whoever you like.

Look at what happened to those guys involved in the cartoons of Mohammed.

Maybe Jesus is safer, the only Christians are probabably gonna be drunk and at the party.

I think that is the very reason you should dress as mo. If the only reason you don't is because you will be attacked in you country then what can I say. In fact I find it offensive against our rights that there even needs to be a debate on this and our civil liberty. On another note, why in hell would you want to dress you as that person, who..(don't want to get flagged again).
    How about going as that person that wants to rob from the pensioners, Brian Cowen

PoleStar wrote: »

Yes if he gets too drunk he might walk out in front of a car. If you meant violence on him then don't be an idiot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

I'ld say it'ld be a bad idea...

And there's nothing specific you can do to dress like Mohammed i guess. Like he looked like just another Arab person of those times i think...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

Hobbes wrote: »
    Yes if he gets too drunk he might walk out in front of a car. If you meant violence on him then don't be an idiot.

Certain parts of Dublin you'd be taking your life in your hands walking around on a normal night.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭DanCorb

studiorat wrote: »
    Certain parts of Dublin you'd be taking your life in your hands walking around on a normal night.

And that's exactly what gives Islam it's bad name. That needs to change.

DanCorb wrote: »
    And that's exactly what gives Islam it's bad name. That needs to change.

I am not sure if that is satire or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

:eek:

Advertisement