Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Happy, Happy News!

Options
  • 30-09-2008 3:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 46

I know earlier in the year the Ray D'arcy show did a happy news section and with everything about banks crashing, share plummeting, and public spending cut backs its time for some happy news.

So i'll start.

1. I booked my hotel today for my trip to Buneos Aires at Christmas.

2. I got asked out for a drink the other day, which totally floored me and I totally bundlled the reply and left the poor fella utterley confused... Damn why can't i be cool:rolleyes:

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

My little girl climbed into my bed at 3am and told me she loved me.

I never had much money, so if shares have halved who cares. Half of fcuk all is still fcuk all.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

ellebelle wrote: »
    I booked my hotel today for my trip to Buneos Aires at Christmas.

You could have at least picked a country with a non-recessionary theme. :D

Seriously though, you'll be even happier when you get there. Lovely place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭Karen_*

I have a lovely new niece called Jessica!

And I'm getting a kitten - if anyone has a kitten please let me know:D

Christmas isn't far away either!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Faddymackshyte

I have a kitten, well she's a bit bigger than a kitten now, but she's still the sweetest thing ever!

And I've mended some friendships that had been pretty crap recently and I just recently passed my repeat exams!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Pigletlover

I'm going to New York for Christmas \o/

Downside, I'm broke and so can't afford it :(

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Karen_* wrote: »
    Christmas isn't far away either!:D
    Thats not good news. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭beaushalloe

im just off to visit my friends 11hr old baby!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭BroomBurner

I'm getting married the day after tomorrow :pac:

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,304 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Commiserations Congratulations! :D

I have a new baby niece since yesterday :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,978 ✭✭✭445279.ie

My 4 year old niece told me today on the phone that she loved me to the moon and back :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Loopy

I have just booked a November break..

Im also very happy right now because my kids are asleep in bed at 8.20:eek: Unbelievable.... So happy, 3 hours downtime:p

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Congratulations :D

I've been invited to a night out through work :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I'm going on a third date tomorrow with a guy I really like. And I invited him to my debs, so I'm delighted I finally have everything sorted!
    College is also a hundred times better than I ever could have expected. Things seem to be going my way :)

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Corega

I have finally overcome a nasty bout of influenza!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

That's fantastic, congratulations.

Um, I don't have any happy news, except that I managed to get my first essay for my course written. *is sad*

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭clicli

I'm going to England on Friday to spend the weekend with a guy who i really like and who likes me back!:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

I'm in the main event:) good news for me:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

I made a really lovely dinner and have enough leftovers to not have to cook tomorrow. It's not much, but it's a start!

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭cute_cow

Many congratulations!! Hope the weather is good.

1. Started a new job on Monday and getting on really well (after a long 4 months of searching and searching).

2. Heading to Paris on Thursday next for a week - cannot wait! I am as excited as if it was my first time going!

• Subscribers Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭girl_friday

1. I am going to London for the weekend so will have a 4 day weekend and a 4 day working week this week and next!!

2. I just spent a lovely evening with my sister

3. I am meeting my ex tomorrow to see if we can sort things out and maybe get back together - wish me luck!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

3. I am meeting my ex tomorrow to see if we can sort things out and maybe get back together - wish me luck!!

best wishes to you, hope it works out as you wish :)

• Subscribers Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭girl_friday

nouggatti wrote: »
    best wishes to you, hope it works out as you wish :)

Thanks a million! Just need to work out what I wish for now! He broke my heart but doesn't everyone deserve a second chance?? He seems to be trying to make good so hopefully things will be clearer when I see him!!

Just need to work out what I wish for now! He broke my heart but doesn't everyone deserve a second chance?? He seems to be trying to make good so hopefully things will be clearer when I see him!!

Seriously, the very very best to you, I do hope it works out and makes you happy :)

And yes everyone deserves that second chance

On topic, I forgot, I had several uninterrupted hours with my boss today, twas great, and he bought me lunch :D

Zaph wrote: »
    Commiserations Congratulations! :D

I have a new baby niece since yesterday :)

Congrats!!! I'm sure she's nearly as beeeyootiful as my niece:D

Thanks a million! Just need to work out what I wish for now! He broke my heart but doesn't everyone deserve a second chance?? He seems to be trying to make good so hopefully things will be clearer when I see him!!

The very very best of luck! Hope it goes great. Let me know;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

Best of luck!

I'm going apartment hunting with my boyfriend at the weekend. Very excited about moving in together. Hopefully won't take us too long to find the perfect place.

I got a load of freebie cosmetics today, luuuuuuuuuuurve free stuff! :D

Thumbs up for the thread idea, spread the happiness :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

1. I am going to London for the weekend so will have a 4 day weekend and a 4 day working week this week and next!!

Oh oh, I have one now! I have a four day weekend every week! and nothing to do with it....

I'm in the main event:) good news for me:)

WSOP?
    Karen_* wrote: »
    Congrats!!! I'm sure she's nearly as beeeyootiful as my niece:D

You mean your niece is nearly as beautiful as mine, don't you? :D And congrats to the new auntie too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

I don't know Zaph, I've seen Karen's new niece and she is mighty purdy, you have competition on your hands! ;)

• Advertisement

Well I haven't seen mine yet apart from a mobile picture, so I suppose she wins on a technicality. :)

Advertisement