Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weekends...

• 30-09-2008 3:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭

Hi all, how do you do on weekends?

For me, it’s the hardest time when dieting! I’ll be very good during the week will step on weights on Friday to find out that I have lost 2 pounds and then at weekend go out for a few drinks then will end up feeling sorry for myself the next morning and end up eating whatever I want in any amounts and naturally it’ll be Chinese take away followed by a box of Cadbury fingers!!!
    Ok, I gave up drinking; so then instead of going out I end up staying in and eating ice cream or whatever…. So frustrating, just can’t understand why can I be so good during the week food wise and totally blow it at weekends.

Does anyone experience same problem and how do you fight it, where to get that motivation to stay on track during the weekends?

Thanks a mill,

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Bally8

I used to be the same- weekends my total downfall but I have changed my weigh in day to Monday and that has helped (somewhat) ease the usual weekend pig outs I used to have. Before I used to weigh myself on a Thursday and eat what I wanted for the weekend and say to myself- sure I'll start again on Monday. Now I've changed the weigh in day i have to be good over the weekend in order to see a change on the scales.

It works for me anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭EileenG

I often change the way I eat at the weekend. Instead of eating at certain times, with a pretty fair idea of exactly what I'm going to eat, as I do during the week, I tend to eat fewer, bigger meals, BUT, I don't eat unless I am actively hungry. No eating just because it's tea time or there is food on the table. I wait until my tummy is growling and continues to growl after a glass of water.

That way, I get to enjoy things I might not normally eat, but the calories work out about the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

EileenG wrote: »
    I often change the way I eat at the weekend. Instead of eating at certain times, with a pretty fair idea of exactly what I'm going to eat, as I do during the week, I tend to eat fewer, bigger meals, BUT, I don't eat unless I am actively hungry. No eating just because it's tea time or there is food on the table. I wait until my tummy is growling and continues to growl after a glass of water.

That way, I get to enjoy things I might not normally eat, but the calories work out about the same.

+1 thats not a bad strategy! i reckon if you are going out for a meal at weekends it is also a good idea to keep this in mind during the day .. i know the best advice is always not to restrict food leading up to events so that your not starving but if you know your going to have that choc fudge cake no matter what! it might help to chose lower calorie options during the day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭EileenG

It's surprising how long you can go between meals if you wait for active hunger. Most of time time we eat because there is food available or it is time for a meal.

At weekends, I'm more likely to be out and about, so I have to stop doing something in order to eat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭marinchik

Hi all,

Thanks for a great tips, will try to behave this weekend and I bet I'll be fine then next one too:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement