Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beginning of building work behind the Grove?

Options
  • 30-09-2008 3:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭

As driving up from Charlesland towards Jackie Skelly this morning, a Digger was spotted moving in behind the Grove (behind Peruga creche).

Does anyone know if this is the beginning of the building work - school/houses behind the Grove?

Hope not.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,937 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

doubt its anything major - the Oral hearing for the next phase only took place last week. Probably minor site clearance - that is the site for the school, but afaik they don't have a school to go there yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭dubrunner

It has been suggested that that are clearing for the school entrance. Apparently there are cones and the place is sealed off at a section on the path.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 and76

Digging going on begind the woodlands pub also anyone know what this is?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭ciaran67

dubrunner wrote: »
    As driving up from Charlesland towards Jackie Skelly this morning, a Digger was spotted moving in behind the Grove (behind Peruga creche).

Does anyone know if this is the beginning of the building work - school/houses behind the Grove?

Hope not.

mate, i doubt there will be any building work starting anywhere for quite a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭Maisy

I was onto Ballymore recently re the increased trespassing on the land and subsequently on the back boundary wall. And, the incidents of night drinking -ahem, I was scoffed at two years ago for predicting this.

It was myself who contacted them re the travellers who had tried to camp on the land. There was a trench put down so they couldn't return. Ballymore said they would look into the most recent escapades, perhaps there was a little more trench digging. They have always been very pleasant and helpful and will I'm sure update me in due course.

Its the New York Broken Window theory, if its allowed, it perpetuates and becomes the norm - and I aint the kind of gal to sit around and watch it happen.

• Advertisement
Advertisement