Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Key Changes: Guitar

Options
  • 30-09-2008 3:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭

I recenly took the finger out and decided to put my head down... I learned the 7th chord progression to start but I had a few questions about it...

So I'm going C7 Dm7 Em7 F7 G7 Am7 Bbdim7 C7 (at least I think thats the names :p )
    My question is how do I shift that to another key? Is it a simple case of starting the next phraze with the fifth chord to change it to that key? say C7 (I) moving to F7 (IV) to G7 (V) || Next phraze start with G7 as (I) and move through that? Nothing really changes then... Instead of changing the starting chord should I be starting from say 1st so C as pposed to C7 to resolve (rabble rabble rabble). I should just open a notepad and type this in there... I'll somehow confuse myself into what I'm trying to do...

See what I just said there made no sence and put me in a loop, I'm back to the start lol...

***Pay no attention to the ramblings between the lines***

If anyone can translate this into a coherant question I'd be impressed, even more impressed if I can get an answer to a question I can't ask.

Ok so start again... How do I change key from C7 to something else LOL...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭A7X

MY god ur confusing! just play the note of what key u want to change to on the starting phrase of the riff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Zangetsu

Figured it out last night lol.. Sorry for letting my mind spill onto the net, its the last thing the world needs haha...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭A7X

ha ha no worries its better that ya figured it out urself anyways

• Registered Users Posts: 4,288 ✭✭✭-=al=-

What did you figure out anyways?

the tihng is with music there never really is any rules, you can do what you want, im at the stage where i just left my ears do the deciding

Advertisement