Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

new leisure centre in tullamore.

• 30-09-2008 4:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 993 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I was wondering does anybody know anything about the new leisure centre out in cloncollig tullamore. When is it due to open, what are the membership rates etc? It looks like it should be opening pretty soon, it is pretty finished on the exterior, but maybe the inside might not be as finished yet.

Anyhoo..thanks in advance for any info.:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭Scawgeen

There's something about it in the local paper today, it's open for the public to have a gawk pretty soon, this weekend I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 993 ✭✭✭offaly1

Oh cool!! thanks! must look into that...or go and look at it more like :p

Be interesting to see where all the money made from fundraising over the years went..:)

offaly1 wrote: »
    Oh cool!! thanks! must look into that...or go and look at it more like :p

Be interesting to see where all the money made from fundraising over the years went..:)

I'd say a nice biteen of interest was earned on it over the years ;) I don't like the timber decor on some modern buildings, it's rarely maintained. It looks good from the outside though.

if it looks as good on the inside as it does from the outside... i'll be well pleased!:)

Oh tonnes of interest earned on it... i remember years ago the pool committee members bringing out some sorta cassette to raise money for the pool! :o

If my memory serves me right they were fundraising for the new pool back in the eighties, when Cloncollig was a wilderness but for the outdoor pool, which if it were still there could be open all year round with the mild weather we're having. Loved the old pool especially the fountain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 493 ✭✭Redjeep!

It opens on the 20'th of this month.

Can't get through to anybody to find out the rates.

i think you can go in for a look at the leisure centre this week. i heard there is a membership office open there too, so im sure they will have the rates there.... hoping to go for a look some evening now..and sign up if it suits!:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

pitty about where its located. im wondering if it will survive halloween without some sort of damage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 misschipp

Hi,
    We visited the pool on 8th Nov. The facility looked wonderful and my kids were excited. But our experience was not very pleasant. It was such a shame to see a beautiful and much needed facility run so badly, and it was filthy. I'm afraid we wont be visiting again!

Misschipp...have to say when i first went into the pool i wasn't impressed in the beginning, but its sorting its self out. originally there weren't any mats whatsoever in the changing rooms...last week i went in and that had changed.

my only complaint is the temperature of the water in the pool....its freezing!!!! but hey suppose ya can't be burning people either!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41 misschipp

Hi Offaly1
    It's good to hear that they have mats now. Much needed. We had other issues about the place and I dont feel it would be appropriate to talk here about them. Although I am glad that you are enjoying the facility...
    Misschipp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,167 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

I heard from a friend of mine that the yearly membership is expensive, even more so than the Tullamore Court and the Bridge House gyms. Can anyone confirm this?

Personally I think its a pity where it is located, as the surrounding estates and Industrial areas are hardly places you'd like to be viewing when you are in need of "leisure".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 187 ✭✭motley

Went there this morning to try it out. I was in the gym. It felt like it was a office space that they had just converted. The free weights area was tiny. There was two of us there and it felt crowded. I wont be going back.

Advertisement