Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cinema 4D question

Options
  • 30-09-2008 4:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭

Not sure this is the best forum for cinema 4D but cant find a better one...whats bugging me before i invest in this software, can i work on something in cinema 4D 9.5 and open the file in version 9.0? I know i cant open a version 10 file with version 9 software, but will a 9.5 file open in cinema 4D 9.0?

Reason im asking is because college has version 9.0 and my final project has to open in the college PCs.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

I've no idea, but http://forums.cgsociety.org have a cinema 4d forum, people there would probably know.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Scotty #

It completely depends on the contents of the scene. If you set things like radiosity and ambient occlusion that may not be supported in older versions then it will ignore those settings. It will only open them within the limits of the software.

Try exporting as a .3ds or DXF and then importing into your old software.

Advertisement