Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

CarGiant Payment options

Options
  • 30-09-2008 4:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Looking at heading over to CarGiant at some stage this month as I just sold my car.
    Looking at their payment options on their site you can pay cash, bankers draft of telegraphic transfer.

The option of carrying that much cash over is not appealing.
    If you bring over a sterling draft will you not have to wait a few days to get it to clear.
    Also what exactly is a telegraphic transfer. Is this like an EFT and if so how easy would it be to organise one over there and how long does it take to go though.

I was hoping to spend two days over there at most.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

do you have a car in mind or are you just heading over for a look?

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭foxirl

Looking at a 320D Coupe. They have a few there now but by the time I get over they will be gone and will have new stock.

Plan to book a flight over mid way through October and check their website a few days before I go. They only hold cars with a 300 deposit which isn't an option for me as they don't take credit card

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭hoganpoly

foxirl wrote: »
    Hi all,

Looking at heading over to CarGiant at some stage this month as I just sold my car.
    Looking at their payment options on their site you can pay cash, bankers draft of telegraphic transfer.

The option of carrying that much cash over is not appealing.
    If you bring over a sterling draft will you not have to wait a few days to get it to clear.
    Also what exactly is a telegraphic transfer. Is this like an EFT and if so how easy would it be to organise one over there and how long does it take to go though.

bought car there in march, got cheap ryanair flight and headed down by train to harlesden station, 15 minute walk to car giant, saw bmw525d i wanted, test drove, time now was 10am ,said i would like to drive car away today, no problem, said to call back in 4 hours as they needed to check car over etc, gave them a deposit of 200 pounds,and as i have an account in uk draft made out to them for balance,make sure you bring passport and driving licence with you as proof of id, very helpful in car giant, saved around 8k on same car over here, let me know how you got on and good luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

No

It can be done in one.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭foxirl

Cheers. Will get bank draft and bring it over with me.

• Advertisement
Advertisement