Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone using a 3 sim in an iphone 3g?

• 30-09-2008 4:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,131 ✭✭✭✭

Quite simply will it work? and work well?

i have heard that the 3g reception isnt the may west, if so, surely that will scupper my plan?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭godskitchen

You will have to get a turbo sim of some sort, it will work yes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭randomer

I have an Italian (unlocked) 3g Iphone and I am using three as my mobile phone provider and it is excellent. 3G Coverage is great in Dublin. I was in Tipperary yesterday and when I went out of 3G coverage I lost the ability to check email etc, but the phone still worked really well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

I have an Italian unlocked iPhone and over the past 24 hours I have used the following in it: 3UK, 3IRL, O2 IRL. No problems whatsoever. O2 data was best.

Discovered something interesting though. When I put in my O2 IRL SIM (which gave the best performance data-wise, incidentally) something very surprising and potentially interesting happened. The settings for data appeared automatically (APN, username and password) identifying me as an iPhone user which suggests I will get free access to Bitbuzz although technically I am not an O2 iPhone sub.

Whoo-hoo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,254 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

culabula wrote: »
    The settings for data appeared automatically (APN, username and password) identifying me as an iPhone user which suggests I will get free access to Bitbuzz although technically I am not an O2 iPhone sub.

Whoo-hoo.

I bought a factoy sealed e71 and the exact same thing happend, hit the web button and it took me straight to planet 3, baffles me how it happend....:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭skearon

I bought a factoy sealed e71 and the exact same thing happend, hit the web button and it took me straight to planet 3, baffles me how it happend....:confused:

Newer Nokias detect the operator from your SIM and automatically set themselves up for data

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

skearon wrote: »
    Newer Nokias detect the operator from your SIM and automatically set themselves up for data

Correct: was a bit surprised about the iPhone identifying me though.....will check bitbuzz tomorrow somewhere.

Advertisement