Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

I don't speak her language, but I think that if..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Prof.Badass

link wouldn't work for me. :*(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Yore Ma sure speaks some nonsense...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

I just couldnt be arsed!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭SoWatchaWant

Thanks. Interesting...

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,578 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

I think she works in my local curry shop

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭Turd Ferguson

If I were President of Boards I would have people like this fed to the homeless....
    vvvvvvvvvvv VOTE FOR ME vvvvvvvvvvv

If I were President of Boards I would have people like this fed to the homeless....

Never heard of you? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

That would kind of put me off you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

"You can believe in stones as long as you don't throw them at me"

Great line. She talks a lot of sense but I don't really know what she expects to achieve.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭Wagon

whiskeyman wrote: »
    Yore Ma sure speaks some nonsense...

:mad: Stop ruining the greatest insult ever!! Go back to the very start of your life and get aborted!

• Advertisement

Kiera wrote: »
    Never heard of you? :confused:

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

I am your superior ;)

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

I am your superior ;)

Nope! Still no idea who you are?

Kiera wrote: »
    Nope! Still no idea who you are?

Ouch...my ego :(

Remember that programme Clarissa Explains It All with Melissa Joan Hart in it? Well Turd Ferguson is the annoying little brother from that only now he's all grown up and running for president.

Here's a picture:
    Ferguson

P.S. He might tell you Turd Ferguson is not his real name and he got it from a SNL sketch but that's just not true.

javaboy wrote: »
    Remember that programme Clarissa Explains It All with Melissa Joan Hart in it? Well Turd Ferguson is the annoying little brother from that only now he's all grown up and running for president.

Here's a picture:
    Ferguson

P.S. He might tell you Turd Ferguson is not his real name and he got it from a SNL sketch but that's just not true.

:eek: My secret shame!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭anti-venom

She speaks a lot of sense. Maybe you should have posted this in the muslim forum?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Sense? Its just another version of Freud's Other. *puffs pipe*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭judas101

I know this isnt going to be taken seriously in AH but that lady is perfectly right.

Fair play to her speaking out on Muslim TV like that.

Perhaps move it to muslim forum?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

He called her a Heretic to justify not being able to answer her many points.
    A very intelligent lady to be sure , and a brave one at that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,744 ✭✭✭kleefarr

judas101 wrote: »
    I know this isnt going to be taken seriously in AH but that lady is perfectly right.

IT would need to be in a more general forum. I think it's for all and not just Muslims.

I was going to post it in the "links" section but facked it up. :rolleyes:

If a mod wishes to move to a more suitable place, feel free please.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,744 ✭✭✭kleefarr

He called her a Heretic to justify not being able to answer her many points.
    A very intelligent lady to be sure , and a brave one at that.

Exactly.

The fact that she managed to get her point of view across without being silenced is quite incredible for starters.

The fact that she managed to get her point of view across without being silenced is quite incredible for starters.

Why? Al Jazeera is usually pretty balanced all things considered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

The way he was moving those papers around l thought he was looking for just that, A Silencer.
    Seriously though you could see he was at a loss for words and therefore anger took over and he starts name calling. Don't think it will be safe for her to walk the streets among his followers though , unless she is made of the same stuff as the Swedish Twins from the other Thread.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

judas101 wrote: »

No one giving props to Al Jazerra for putting her on in the first place though?

javaboy wrote: »
    Why? Al Jazeera is usually pretty balanced all things considered.

I've never really watched it to form an opinion, It is of course used by fanatics to get their message across to the west.

That may of course mean that they are either very liberal in what they broadcast (as in they'll allow a very wide range of views) or they just support the extremist views. I think it's more likely the former rather than the latter.

PS I wasn't having a pop at Al Jazeera, just middle eastern media in general.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Feelgood

She is the kind of person that you need to run a country in fairness. Great speech..

I'd do her after watching that...

I've never really watched it to form an opinion, It is of course used by fanatics to get their message across to the west.

As is Fox. Just different fanatics. :D It's actually far more balanced than many western media outlets.

Btw Rté has been heavily criticised in the past for allowing terrorist organisations to spread their message too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭m@cc@

Great speech and maybe carries a bit more substance from someone with obvious ties to both sides of the conflict.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

A very interesting video. She made some excellent arguments. The metaphore of believing in stones was a little bit of genius.

Advertisement