Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Toy ferrari cars with petrol from years ago

Options
  • 30-09-2008 5:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭

Anyone remember the model ferrari cars you got with petrol years ago?

if so does anyone know how many was actually in the collection. it might have been around 16 separate cars or so.

you paid for about 20 pound petrol and about five extra for the model car... must have been about ten years ago

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Gypo

For some reason I misread the thread title as 'Toy ferrari cars with petrol engines from years ago', and thought of this stunning once off! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Me too, actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Me three. :) Would be a bit before my driving life though so I'm afraid I can't help OP

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭Silvera

Yes...it was called the 'Ferrari Classico Collection', sold through Shell garages in 1998. There was 6 small scale models and two large scale models. I collected 4 or 5 of the small scale models (their packed away in the attic atm;)).

Incidentially, somebody has an advert in the current (October) edition of 'Irish Vintage Scene' magazine with the complete collection for sale ..incl original advert poster.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

They are all sitting in a glass cabinet at home here, and some of the larger models. Original packing too :), I think someone taught they may be worth something in a few years. Lots of other matchbox and various collections too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭BrookieD

i have the complete set on a table in my office, packaing and all. Can not say i would be shot of them as they look great,
    the larger 2 models with pumps also look the part.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭audismelly

Anan1 wrote: »
    Me too, actually.

me 4 , i feel like a right tool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Was it Haughy's government that banned free gifts and scratch cards that were handed out with petrol in the late 80ies?. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

I have them too and them later vintage car ones too and the old style filling station. Two rooms full of model cars, trucks, vans etc. in all scales, so far and still looking for more stuff if anybody wants to sell stuff P.M. me.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,824 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Was it Haughy's government that banned free gifts and scratch cards that were handed out with petrol in the late 80ies?. :mad:
    Wasn't that because it was driving up the price of petrol though?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

The scratchy stuff on the scratch cards interfered with the microchips they had secretly implanted.

tinfoil-hat.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 68,954 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I built up a massive collection of toy cars from Esso (local station) and lego cars from Shell (Roosky station the parents stopped in on Donegal->Maynooth->Donegal trips) from petrol promotions... never rembered Ferarri models though.

The idea of a petrol chain even having a loyalty scheme is alien now, let alone free toys.

Advertisement