Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

flying lessons in cork?

Options
  • 30-09-2008 5:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 891 ✭✭✭

Anyone get them? How much?
    Thanks !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭ImDave

Atlantic Flight Centre

www.atlanticair.ie

Highly recommended. Circa €200 for 1 hour in a Cessna 172

• Closed Accounts Posts: 891 ✭✭✭conceited

Thanks dave I think I'm going to do one around christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭Colm R

I can't comment on what its like to train there, but I did a once off flying lesson and it was absoultely brilliant. I was buzzing for hours after it.

Myself and the instructor up front and the better half in the back (who was a little bit frightened).

In fairness to them, I went there twice and they said they could go up but wouldn't be worth it because of the cloud.

So we got a really clear day on the third time of asking and headed off.

Took off from the main runway out over the city and then left out to the west when the instructor let me take over. We flew down over the coast as far as Inchadoney and then inland and back towards Cork. We flew past the airport about 2 miles from it parrallel to the airport and then came in and landed from the south.

It was an amazing sight to see an Aer Lingus Airbus landing in Cork from the air.

Advertisement