Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Error registering on website

• 30-09-2008 5:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭

So I bought the game today, have it installed, and clicked on the link to create an account - brought me to the website where I filled in my username / password etc.

The site then seems to go off to do something for ages and finally comes back and tells me, "An Error Occurred. We are unable to process your request. Error Code 414."

Anyone else get this? Is the site just down or is something else wrong?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

Never mind, just saw the following in the News section on the website itself:

"September 29th
    We will shutdown the registration system of our website today at 11:00am CEST for a maintenance. This will make all services of our website unavailable which require an authentication, such as account management and code registration. The system will be back in the middle of the afternoon.

We are sorry for the inconvenience and will keep you updated in this news."

Must be still something to do with that. Annoying.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,488 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Branoic wrote: »
    So I bought the game today, have it installed, and clicked on the link to create an account - brought me to the website where I filled in my username / password etc.

The site then seems to go off to do something for ages and finally comes back and tells me, "An Error Occurred. We are unable to process your request. Error Code 414."

Anyone else get this? Is the site just down or is something else wrong?

I just logged in fine, everything's as it should be. Make sure you're at www.war-europe.com not simply war-europe.com and you may wish to clear your cache as well as the war-europe page is notoriously flaky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

Spear wrote: »
    I just logged in fine, everything's as it should be. Make sure you're at www.war-europe.com not simply war-europe.com and you may wish to clear your cache as well as the war-europe page is notoriously flaky.

When you say you logged in fine - do you mean you successfully registered a new account just now, or just logged in to an already-created account? Thanks

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

im having same problem bought the game today, registered my details - the first time it wouldnt let me login with my password so i changed it to a second password which works fine now on the website however when i try to launch the game it asks to update and im at the mythic patcher and it wont accept my login and password even tho the website accepts its, very annoying. So far Ive spent over an hour tryin to update the game so that I can enter it and create my characters and get up and running. I also cant see to enter the subscription area of the website, its all greyed out.

**Got all working now**

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,488 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Branoic wrote: »
    When you say you logged in fine - do you mean you successfully registered a new account just now, or just logged in to an already-created account? Thanks

This is an already existing account.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Statso

Gonzo wrote: »
    im having same problem bought the game today, registered my details - the first time it wouldnt let me login with my password so i changed it to a second password which works fine now on the website however when i try to launch the game it asks to update and im at the mythic patcher and it wont accept my login and password even tho the website accepts its, very annoying. So far Ive spent over an hour tryin to update the game so that I can enter it and create my characters and get up and running. I also cant see to enter the subscription area of the website, its all greyed out.

**Got all working now**

How did yah get it working in the end? Cos i'm having the same problem and its telling me that the key i only got today when i bought the same is either not valid or is already activated. :confused: Can't access the subscription page or login. :(

Bugger anyway, i think i'll have to take this copy back to Xtra-vision tomorrow and get a new one so i can get a new cd key. There doesn't seem to be any other option after extensive searches across forums. Hopefully the next one will work as my faith in GOA has been severely damaged after tonight. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭Dirty Dave

Statso wrote: »
    Bugger anyway, i think i'll have to take this copy back to Xtra-vision tomorrow and get a new one so i can get a new cd key. There doesn't seem to be any other option after extensive searches across forums. Hopefully the next one will work as my faith in GOA has been severely damaged after tonight. :(

Have you tried contacting them?

http://www.war-europe.com/#/helpform/?lang=en

Dirty Dave wrote: »
    Have you tried contacting them?

http://www.war-europe.com/#/helpform/?lang=en

Indeed i did and to my surprise they got back to me today. But their e-mail said that the key i got with my game had already been registered to another account so i should go back to my retailer and get a new copy. Which i did today and now its working. 28% patched. :D

Advertisement