Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nokia E-series phones

• 30-09-2008 6:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭

hey i'm just wondering where people are buying and will soon be buying any nokia E-series's phones......actually anyone buying any smartphone...just where you're buying it if not with the network or cpw

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭elderlemon

I recently got an e71 (had the older e61 before that). Must say its a fantastic handset. Small size, qwerty keyboard and there's many changes to the symbian os that make it much easier to use. Add in wifi,radio and gps and its got everything I need.

I got mine sim free in the UK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

elderlemon wrote: »
    I recently got an e71 (had the older e61 before that). Must say its a fantastic handset. Small size, qwerty keyboard and there's many changes to the symbian os that make it much easier to use. Add in wifi,radio and gps and its got everything I need.

I got mine sim free in the UK.

got mine today :D
    fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭h57xiucj2z946q

what is the battery life like?
    Have you tried Nokia Email Service on it?

At the end of the day I have half battery left but I always recharge every night anyway. Guess I'd get 1.5 days easy if I left it. thats using 3g all day for mail and browsing. I also use the gps and radio so its not bad.

I use mail for exchange and not the nokia email for various reasons. From what I've heard the nokia mail works ok and I expect it to get better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭i71jskz5xu42pb

I got an E51 (love it mainly because it is nice and slim and has Wifi). Got it with Vodafone and flashed it myself back to the Nokia firmware.

I have the Nokia email client set up but never use it - I just fire up Gmail mobile web mail. Battery life is good on the phone but my main usage would be web and text.

• Advertisement

gsmarena tested the e71's battery using the built in gps: they got a stunning 14hrs out of it!!! The next best phone had 4 hours and a bit!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭metalfest

how much were ye're e71's?
    and where did ye buy them, online or actually in the uk?

metalfest wrote: »

i got mine from vodafone, prepay... €379.00 (I know, I know, but whenever I can I prefer not to buy online... Plus the free call credit balances out online savings and costs to flash it should I feel the need - which I never felt with my e61)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

I work for one of the big phone manufacturers and I still cannot put my E61 down. It is quite simply the best phone I have ever used.

I'm a light call maker and the battery lasts about 9 or 10 days without a recharge. The only problem is I have to hide it in work :(

I got mine in the UK (London). Worked out at €370 sim free.
    metalfest wrote: »

• Advertisement

elderlemon wrote: »
    At the end of the day I have half battery left but I always recharge every night anyway. Guess I'd get 1.5 days easy if I left it. thats using 3g all day for mail and browsing. I also use the gps and radio so its not bad.

I use mail for exchange and not the nokia email for various reasons. From what I've heard the nokia mail works ok and I expect it to get better.

I like Nokia Email as it does push email for my gmail account. I dont think Mail for Exchange works on the N series. I have a N73.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

Got my E71 from Singapore on Ebay back in August. Superb phone. I use Good Mobile Messaging and get 2 full days out of the battery (with push email always on - 5 / 6 calls per day - loads of texting - podcasting etc).

Mail for Exchange does work on the N series phones by the way, i had it working on my N95 8GB for a while.

Oh really? I must look into that so. Nokia Email kills my battery in about 6-8 hours on the N73. Does Mail For Exchange work with gmail accounts?

Mail 4 exchange (m4e) is only for ms exchange servers. It does not work with pop/imap services like gmail. What you can do is forward your gmail to your exchange account and then pick it up using mfe.

Oh really? I must look into that so. Nokia Email kills my battery in about 6-8 hours on the N73. Does Mail For Exchange work with gmail accounts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭metalfest

Got my E71 from Singapore on Ebay back in August. Superb phone. I use Good Mobile Messaging and get 2 full days out of the battery (with push email always on - 5 / 6 calls per day - loads of texting - podcasting etc).

Mail for Exchange does work on the N series phones by the way, i had it working on my N95 8GB for a while.
    how much was it on ebay??

Advertisement