Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Replacing Alarm Sensors, etc.....

• 30-09-2008 8:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭

I've just had new windows fitted and all the alarm thingies are hanging by the wires. I want to replace these rather than refit the old ones. I've been advised that once they are removed they should be replaced (no idea if that's actually true).

So as I'm no alarm expert, I'll ask a few questions.

1. Can I reuse the old ones or should I just replace them?

2. Where can I buy these item and how much are they?

3. Is it just a matter of swapping over the sensors (anti tamper and perimeter)?

The alarm is an Airtech model and is probably 10 years old. It worked perfectly until the sensors were removed (open zones all over the place) so I'd imagine it'll work fine with new sensors. I've a few PIRs which won't need replacing.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 213 ✭✭mildews

Had my own windows changed recently and was in the same dilema.
    A close relation of mine has his own Alarm company and he changed all sensors and had to reset the sensativity of shock sensor to suit the new windows.

Hope this helps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Thanks.

I know you had someone you know do it, but how much did it set you back? How many windows?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 213 ✭✭mildews

Can't remember exactly how much. The figure of €130 comes to mind. this was for nine windows, all with shock sensor and two breakers per window and also for Three external doors (front door, back door and patio door)

Advertisement