Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgrade cpu ?

Options
  • 30-09-2008 8:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭

I have a A8N_sli premium motherboard with athlon 3800+ cpu was thinking of upgrading to a athlon 64 dual core 4800 or would i better off saving up and getting a new motherboard the pc is mostly used for games crysis etc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭uberpixie

pmcf wrote: »
    I have a A8N_sli premium motherboard with athlon 3800+ cpu was thinking of upgrading to a athlon 64 dual core 4800 or would i better off saving up and getting a new motherboard the pc is mostly used for games crysis etc

If you can get the dualcore AMD cheap, it would tie you over for a while.

You will get ok performanceo ut of it and be able to play most games out there on nice settings as long as you pair with with a good card.

A core2duo/quad core intel would give you much better performance in something like supreme commander, but they wouldn't be a huge difference in most games between an x2 and a core2duo not a higher resolutions.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭pmcf

Thanks for the advice uberpiixie i ve seen the dual core amd on ebay cheap so might get one will hopefully keeep me going till i can upgrade my motherboard and get a quad core intel

Advertisement