Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

N95 8GB contact names not showing in calls/txts

• 30-09-2008 9:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have a probem with some contacts names in my sim memory on my n95 not showing up when they call or txt..........its quite annoying.

Did a google search and saw it was a common problem and the solution was to copy over our contacts to the mass memory (which i have done) and then clear your sim contacts and then copy back over from the mass memory to the sim memory.

Does anyone know if this is the right thing to do or will i risk losing all my numbers?

does anyone know the right thing to do to sort out my contacts names not showing on a N95 8G.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

strictly speaking you copy them to the phones contacts. it shouldnt delete the sim contacts unless you tell it to. the phone then uses the contacts memory as the default.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

I think the Nokias also get a bit confused if you have the same number appearing under multiple contact entries as well, spaces and brakets as imported from some numbers I transfered from Outlook also casued me problems with my Nokia.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

you shouldn't be transferring them back to the sim, just copy them to the phone's contacts and make sure there are no duplicates. The n95 ignores the sim memory

edit:do you know how to copy them all at once?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

No Sam, Please do tell?
    Thanks for the help to all so far BTW

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

menu->contacts->options->sim contacts->sim directory->options->mark/unmark->mark all->options->copy to contacts

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

Thanks Sam,
    Quick question - i have a netgear wireless router in my house but my n95 is not showing it up sometimes (eventhough I'm well within range, like on top of the router itself?)

Anyone got any tips etc re; surfing wirelessly on the n95?

Thanks

Advertisement