Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Whats attacking Kids footballs is Garden at night?

• 30-09-2008 9:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭

On two occasions over the last 6 months I have woken to see a child's plastic football essentially savaged and burst in the garden. The ball appears to have parallel slashes in it, maybe an inch long.

Also a gardening glove, totally ripped up.

I was thinking fox, but the garden is totally surrounded with wall and fence. Can they climb walls?

Also I did not think a domestic cat would bother with such things.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

badgers? I have heard of them in the Dublin 16 area...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭whitser

are you sure its an animal? maybe a neighbour who's garden the ball keeps landing in burst it and threw it back over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭whitser

that wouldnt explain the glove though. probably a fox so if your surround by wall and fence. they'll find away over or under.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭mcloughl

no, definitely an animal of some type. Probably a fox, I have seen lots of them in the area. They must be able to climb as its fairly well surrounded

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

Foxes can and do scale high walls and easily climb fences. I've seen them walk along the top of a wall ten feet high! Also, foxes love to play with toys. If you look around a foxes' earth, you will always find old shoes, tennis-balls, big feathers and so on, which the young foxes in late summer use for chasing and pouncing games. I have observed two foxes tugging at an old football, in play fighting. And they are very common in your area.
    Badgers are a somewhat less likely answer, though they can be found in the area but much less common. They do play with toys too but not such confident climbers. Also, there would probably be other badger signs such as grass being dug up for worms.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

:D We have them in Drimnagh... they're called teenagers here....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Really sums up the reliability of Wikipedia as a reference source!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

Whaddya mean, Drimnagh? Why not their homeland, Cabra?

katemarch wrote: »

I'm temporarily residing in the Drimnagh warzone :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

katemarch wrote: »

lol !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 485 ✭✭AlanSparrowhawk

sounds like gremlins

Advertisement