Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best type of underlay for laminate flooring

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭builditwell

Hi Bruce

Both will do the job but if you can afford the difference go with the fiber board great to work with and will give you extra thickness to floor. Get a sample if you can and place on floor with a piece of the laminate to check for door clearance and obstacles etc etc.

Regards
    Builditwell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭Kashkai

I used polystyrene foam boards (6mm thick) from B & Q over a polythene sheet. They worked a treat as they level out minor floor variations, help with heat retention and cut down on noise as you walk across the floor. They are simple to lay and cut.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Cmar-Ireland

I used the fibre boards when I did my sitting room. Price around for them. Mine were about €30 per pack (10m2)
    They give a very solid feel underfoot. No bounce at all.

Don't forget the poly sheeting first.

Advertisement