Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

clothes banks for unusable clothes in clontarf?

Options
  • 30-09-2008 9:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36

clothes banks for unusable clothes in clontarf?
    i know there is a clothing bank in the fairview/clontarf area but i dont know the directions i googled it but the map is not very good. does anyone know? i live in fairview and im not good with directions at all. if you know, thank you, it will save me alot of bother.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭judas101

theres one right on the seafront after you pass the dart station on your right hand side.

its for charity i think so i do know if theyed be too keen on 'unusable' clothes whatever that means.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

i am looking for an unusable clothes place in the finglas/cabra/glasnevin area, if anyone knows where it is.

(sorry to hijack your thread :o)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

If they're unusable then surely the bin is the place for them?

Charities don't want stuff that they're just going to have to throw away.

Or do you guys just mean, unwanted?

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    If they're unusable then surely the bin is the place for them?

Charities don't want stuff that they're just going to have to throw away.

Or do you guys just mean, unwanted?

No, we mean unsuable, some charities take usuable clothes to recycle the material. it is specifically for clothes that can not be used again

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

Where is the one after the dart station? I know there's one down towards east wall but not where that bottle bank is the last time I was there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭JaneyMc

If you are going past the entrance to the dart station towards the seafront its on your right hand side just after the entrance into the traffic school place ! Big yellow things in the car park, can't miss em!

JaneyMc wrote: »
    If you are going past the entrance to the dart station towards the seafront its on your right hand side just after the entrance into the traffic school place ! Big yellow things in the car park, can't miss em!

are they not for real clothes though?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭JaneyMc

I had a look on raceagainstwaste.ie , it says on there somewhere, that bring centres have clothes recycling. That one at the traffic school is listed as a bring centre, but tbh I'm actually not sure. That is as far as I know the only one in Clontarf that accepts any kind of clothes so that would be the OP's best bet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭dade

there's another place at artane shopping center, not sure if it does cloths and also the Copo place in coolock village

Advertisement