Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World Record in Celbridge

Options
  • 30-09-2008 11:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭

According to the Tidy Towns judges this is a world record for the number of telephone wires hanging off a pole. Does anyone know one to beat this?

For a more detailed version click here¬
    http://www.celbridgetidytowns.com/misc/wires&wires.JPG

wires&wires-thumb.JPG

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

Maybe that beauty centre behind are stuck in the 19th century and still using telegraph messages, and does that estate agents next door really need that awful looking banner?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 589 ✭✭✭vincenzo1975

saw that estate agent sign today, looks awful and cheap.

thats some wiring job joe, wonder if any of them are redundant?

dara vinny

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭Joe Public

saw that estate agent sign today, looks awful and cheap.

thats some wiring job joe, wonder if any of them are redundant?

dara vinny

Not a great advert for the beauty behind but as they say beauty is only skin deep.

One way of finding out how many are redundant is to snip the all but I didn't suggest this!!!

Dara Vinny & Vincenzo - big transformation, must be all the work with transformers??

vektarman wrote: »
    Maybe that beauty centre behind are stuck in the 19th century and still using telegraph messages, and does that estate agents next door really need that awful looking banner?

Yes, the banner next door is really ugly!

I think the beauty centre must use shock treatment, every time a phone rings the clients get their treatment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

1943018955_52100c0f4d.jpg

I remember seeing a picture of one with thousands of cables coming off it, from some slum in india..

Lets be honest though, you could bury every cable in Celbridge and it still wouldn't be any closer to getting nominated for any sort of tidy town competition!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

[QUOTE=

Lets be honest though, you could bury every cable in Celbridge and it still wouldn't be any closer to getting nominated for any sort of tidy town competition![/QUOTE]
    that's a nice kick in the teeth for all those Celbridge Tidy Towns volunteers who go out in all weathers to try to make the town presentable.

Lets be honest though, you could bury every cable in Celbridge and it still wouldn't be any closer to getting nominated for any sort of tidy town competition!

That's a better photo ok GD but always remember it's better to light a candle than than to curse the darkness.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

My apologies folks.. keep up the good work.

has this been brought to the attention of local councellors/eircom yet? Does this type of thing require permission of any sort before the cables can be connected?

Joe Public wrote: »
    Dara Vinny & Vincenzo - big transformation, must be all the work with transformers??

its an AC DC kinda thing joe, too many times sticking my fingers in plugs to know who I am anymore....

• Advertisement
Advertisement