Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Want to get a new Xbox 360 but...

• 01-10-2008 1:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

Whats the easiest way of doing this.

I have an old premiun 360 (no HDMI). I want to trade it in for a new 60GB Jasper (with HDMI). But I want to transfer the contents of my 20GB HDD onto the new 60 GB HDD.

Remember I want to trade it in with the store. Can I somehow backup the 20GB onto my PC then transfer the image onto the 60 GB. Is this possible. If so how.

Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

I though some retailers have transfer kits or some such.
    either that or I think you can contact microsoft for a one use transfer kit thing I think

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭SillyMonkey

Will the retailers let me transfer my HDD in store?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Will the retailers let me transfer my HDD in store?

They should do if they aren't arseholes.

Game in Liffey refused to let me but I think the girl behind the counter didn't know how considering she had a look on her face like I tried to attack her when I said could I transfer the data from the 20GB hard disk drive to the 120GB hard disk drive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭TakeTheVeil

I'm looking to upgrade myself but I'd rather save money and sell my old pro console elsewhere. GAME will feck ya over price-wise.

Any suggestions where i'd get the best money for it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

A transfer can take around 30mins for a 3/4 full 20gb HDD. You can olny get a kit by ringing MS with an Elite serial number registered for free or buy a 120gb HDD the kit comes with it.

Best thing to do imo is get a 512mb memory card and just save your gamer card profile to it and all your game saves. All you need to then is re download all your DLC.

• Advertisement

brim4brim wrote: »
    They should do if they aren't arseholes.

Game in Liffey refused to let me but I think the girl behind the counter didn't know how considering she had a look on her face like I tried to attack her when I said could I transfer the data from the 20GB hard disk drive to the 120GB hard disk drive.

That's mad! I was chatting to one of the young lads that works there about that very thing (a while ago, so can't remember the in's and out's of the conversation), he was quite knowledgeable about it! Suppose it's who's behind the counter on the day...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Its a very simple process. Plug in new console, connect old HDD to transfer cable and plug into a USB port on the front only. Insert the transfer CD and follow the on screen instructions. Then take a walk, watch some TV go shopping whatever, come back after the estimated time in screen and your all set to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭ROC1977

you can just open your HDD drive, and use a SATA cable to your PC and norton ghost it onto your PC harddrive. I think?? I'm sure if you check xbox 360 HQ or other 360 modding sites you'll get a guide.

Then again. Just keep the 20gig drive, you'll only get about 5 euro for it on a trade in.

No point saving your gamercard profile like the post below. That can be restored via xbox live. Then again so can every single thing you have on the HDD. Once you dl'd something on a 360 account you can delete it and dl again for free anytime.
    So you could just get the new 60gig 360 log onto xbox live retore your profile and dl all the DLC you had on your old drive for free. I know its a pain in the arse, but so is fighting with the staff of game!!! lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭CJackson

Whats the easiest way of doing this.

I have an old premiun 360 (no HDMI). I want to trade it in for a new 60GB Jasper (with HDMI). But I want to transfer the contents of my 20GB HDD onto the new 60 GB HDD.

Remember I want to trade it in with the store. Can I somehow backup the 20GB onto my PC then transfer the image onto the 60 GB. Is this possible. If so how.

Thanks.

Im interested in trading too. Did you get any prices?

I know gamestop is selling second hand premium models (20gig) with2 pre owned games for 240, and you can buy an arcade pack new for 180. So don't expect more than about 80 euro for it if your lucky. If I was you guys, keep your old 360 and just buy the new one. Keep one 360 in your living room to use as a media extender for your Pc and the other one in your gaming/bed room.
    sell it on e-bay in parts, i.e sell the power supply on its own, HDD on its own and the console on its own. Power supplies are going for about 30-40 euro on e-bay.

Or break it so you get the ring or death and send it back to MS, they'll probably just give you a new 360 with HDMi anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

ROC1977 wrote: »
    you can just open your HDD drive, and use a SATA cable to your PC and norton ghost it onto your PC harddrive. I think?? I'm sure if you check xbox 360 HQ or other 360 modding sites you'll get a guide.

I doubt you can do that... if that was the case, what'd stop you cloning it to a 320GB HD?

yes you can. And the reason you can't put a 320 gig drive is the 360 only supports 120 gig since the last update. You can by the correct western digtal drives for upgrading 360's on loads of websites, and there are guides all over the net.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

yes you can. And the reason you can't put a 320 gig drive is the 360 only supports 120 gig since the last update. You can by the correct western digtal drives for upgrading 360's on loads of websites, and there are guides all over the net.

I'm amazed that it's that easy. Shame on MS.

It wasn't possible for years as the 360 only supported the 20gig drive. Once they released the Elite they had to update the 360.
    Only a certain model notebook HDD works. Western digital but not sure of the model number off the top of my head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭ciano1

Or break it so you get the ring or death and send it back to MS, they'll probably just give you a new 360 with HDMi anyway.

Trying to do that now because my dvd drive is bollixed and i think my gfx chip is about to dye aswell

I can never go through with it though
    It feels like im trying to kill an innocent puppy:o

Anyway,How much do the likes of gamestop give for a 20gb if i finally manage to get it off to MS for repair..do they do any trade in deals against the 60gb or elites?

What ars MS's repairs like now...do they still do a shoddy job or are they finally FIXING rrod properly ??

Also....Any feedback on the jasper models??
    Are they any quieter than the older xbox's?

Advertisement