Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A couple looking for accomadation in sydney asap. Anyone recommend from experience

Options
  • 01-10-2008 3:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

Hi All,

Im in sydney now and am looking for a place for two people asap. I have looked around the hostel notice boards and have had no luck. Can anyone please help. I would prefer a studio apartment but i know that they can be expensive so at this stage anything will do. The main concern is privacy, after 5 months in dorm rooms it would be nice to have our own space for a couple of months before we start on the road again.

Any help would be super

Thanks

Maggie Moo
    :confused::)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

gumtree.com.au

or else look for ad's in hostels around bondi/coogee/area you want to live

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

http://www.realestate.com.au/

And all i had to do was type 'sydney rent' into google.
    Thats www.google.com is quite a popular website, im surprised you have never come across it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Maggie Moo

No need to be a smart ass if you read the heading Anyone recommend from experience is what i asked. brendan you should learn how to read before you come back with stupid comments. It was a genuine question i have looked at all those websites i was looking if someone could recommend a place that they may have stayed in like the backpacker apartments around.

Sorry Maggie,

My post was very unhelpful in that case. Im sure Sydney is full of inexpensive furnished backpacker studio apartments.

Good luck anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Maggie Moo wrote: »
    No need to be a smart ass if you read the heading Anyone recommend from experience is what i asked. brendan you should learn how to read before you come back with stupid comments. It was a genuine question i have looked at all those websites i was looking if someone could recommend a place that they may have stayed in like the backpacker apartments around.

How can we possibly know what an apartment is like?? there are thousands of them.

If you wanted advice on furbished apartments then you should ask for that rather than 'apartments', gumtree is a very good website for short term rentals, best thing to do is go ring around, and make appointments for viewing, if you like them try to get in, if you don't keep on looking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

To be fair OP, you're asking for a needle in a haystack.

Best thing is to get the local paper and go through the property section with a mapso you knoe where each apartment is located.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

People, play nice.

Brendan - this forum is designed to help people on their travels/emigrating. Answers like yours are not necessary. Please keep your response helpful in future.

Maggie Moo - there was no need to respond like that. It's best to ignore these things.

Perhaps you could explain a bit better what you are looking for. Are you looking for places (websites etc) to find accomodation or are you looking for some accomodation that someone knows is free? As Hussey says it's hard for people to recommend apartments as there are so many of them. It'd be easier if you were looking for areas that are good to live in or backpacker acommodation where you can get private rooms.

Sorry Watna!

Here somebody informed me you are infact a female!
    My response = Wat? na!:D
    I guess thats one less fella after my Delta!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

Have you checked the local noticeboards in/around the supermarkets? Especially around areas like Coogee and Bondi.

Also have you looked in the backpackers magazines such as British Balls?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭ibh

There are nice serviced 'no-bills no-bond' apartments in Newtown. A friend of mine lived there and they were really good cause no need to buy furniture etc.
    Usually an ad in British Balls mag, but if not, just get the train to Newtown and ask someone. Easy to find.
    These are really good value and i would reccommend highly. I actually know people that are in them atm.

Other option is a bit more long term which is to sign a lease on an apartment. Every week the estate agents will print a flyer of rentals available. You need to be there the day its out, see what ones are suitable and ask to see them the same day. You will generaklly have to furnish it after that. Garage sales etc will make this cheap, but you'll need a van to pick up stuff. $100 rental for that.
    Other option is a flat share, where you rent a room in a house. Depending on your planned lifestyle, this can be found in different places. If you want to live in Bondi and live with Irish people, then just ask around in the Irish Pubs.
    If you intend to behave like a professional (ie work every day, party mostly at weekends as opposed to every night) you may find more suitable accomodation closer to the city.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 sebast

hi need help of getting rented house in sydney nsw penrith a suburb which is the best option to get a short stay or a rented house for my family and we got one kid.please reply soon .i must find before i reach there september.what all document i have to produce to get a house there.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭myhorse

edit just noticed OP was from '08

Advertisement