Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current Weather Conditions - October 2008

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭rhonin

Nice sunny morning. Cold and breezy.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,431 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Cold rain, currently 3.9°C with a DP of 2.1°C
    Mountains above 500 metres must be getting plastered with snow again today.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Wet, cool.

Mike

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Just had a moderate to heavy shower with bits of hail mixed in.

Seems a lot more windy today.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭arctictree

Heavy shower here. Temp dropping - 2.9c ATM

• Advertisement

Rain and hail, lovely, currently 3.4°C.
    I guess this is what the rest of the country had yesterday - tis muck!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Another shower of side ways rain has just arrived.

The few green leaves left on the trees are being stripped off in that brisk north east wind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Rain cleared in the wind, showers to follow no doubt.

Mike

Black all round now with very heavy hail!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Beautiful clear brisk day in the NE...seems we stayed on the right side of that rain affecting the east coast this morning.

• Advertisement

Hail storm has been going on for 20 minutes now with no sign of a let up..
    Temp down to 5.3c

Heavy rain and hail here. Temp 3.2c

If this keeps up, we'll have wintry showers here overnight...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭barnicles

4C here and overcast. *shiversss*

3.5c windy and wet.

Just looked at the radar. That rain seems to be hanging around the south east. Is this the famous precip caused by NE winds over a warm sea??!

arctictree wrote: »
    3.5c windy and wet.

Just looked at the radar. That rain seems to be hanging around the south east. Is this the famous precip caused by NE winds over a warm sea??!
    Interesting artictree but yes I do think it is.
    It's been raining and hailing here for more than an hour now with most of the precip soft hail.
    Imagine if it were january or mid february :p

Interesting artictree but yes I do think it is.
    It's been raining and hailing here for more than an hour now with most of the precip soft hail.
    Imagine if it were january or mid february :p

Well, considering that January is about 4 degrees cooler than October, I'd say this week would be an eighties type event!

BTW - With cool weather forecast for the next few days, there should be lots of snow around on the mountains at the weekend...

A

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

Nice here at the moment, about 7c and sunny. Wind has vanished.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

7.6C
    Dp 0.3C
    60% RH

Some clearer air just moving in over me atm.
    Windchill making it feel close to 0C as wind is still gusty.

Radar looks similar to Oct 2003 thundersnow event with showers building just off the coast. From south Dublin and Wicklow in the rain while the north Dublin area escaping.

Just back from a spin over Sally gap
    Roads are a bit dodgy up there because of the seeimgly never ending hail, snow only lying above about 700 metres I'd say with slusy hail below that.
    Back home its dark and cold , currently 3.1°C and hailing outside. 14.2mm precip since midnight.
    Can see the clearance line to the north so should dry up in the next couple of hours.

arctictree wrote: »
    Well, considering that January is about 4 degrees cooler than October, I'd say this week would be an eighties type event!
    Without a doubt.
    BTW - With cool weather forecast for the next few days, there should be lots of snow around on the mountains at the weekend...
    A
    I'd be fairly sure that all of this precipitation is falling as snow on Lug,so there could be quite an amount up there now.

Incredibly most of the last 2 hours have consisted of hail,it's piled up everywhere here now and still hailing.

• Advertisement

The clearance is very slow to pull through here.We are still under dark clouds which are pulling in sporadic bursts of rain and hail from the sea.
    But to the North for the last half hour I can see clear sky and a brilliantly white Lug na quilla thats could be renamed Mont Blanc it's so white now from head to toe.
    I'd say conditions akin to the South pole were being felt at it's peak about 2 hours ago.

Some intense echoes on radar moving into Meath and N Dublin county with more showers building quickly behind them.

7.8C
    Dp 3.4C
    Wind NE

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Snowbie wrote: »
    Some intense echoes on radar moving into Meath and N Dublin county with more showers building quickly behind them.

7.8C
    Dp 3.4C
    Wind NE

It would be nice to see some beefy thunderhail showers build in the Irish sea and head in ala 2003.

WC can you see that CB moving over N Dublin and the anvil on it in the fading light. Also on sat pic and cloud tops are high.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭kerry1960

The clearance is very slow to pull through here.We are still under dark clouds which are pulling in sporadic bursts of rain and hail from the sea.
    But to the North for the last half hour I can see clear sky and a brilliantly white Lug na quilla thats could be renamed Mont Blanc it's so white now from head to toe.
    I'd say conditions akin to the South pole were being felt at it's peak about 2 hours ago.

Right , that's it , i'm 'sellin de shack' first thing in the morning , packing the family in the van and 'movin to Wickla' ........3c here atm , wondering if i'll see my first air frost tonight.

ps , any pics of Lug.......

Snowbie wrote: »
    WC can you see that CB moving over N Dublin and the anvil on it in the fading light. Also on sat pic and cloud tops are high.

Seen a big turbulent cloud going to my north alright, just too dark though to see the anvil.

See some puffy CB's out to the NE also, out to sea.

I went out and took alook alright, big mother heading to my north, big white top and dark reddish base.

Stormy here with hail pelting down on a wild squally bitter wind.

Big showers have developed over the sea and moving on shore
    7.0C
    DP 3C

• Advertisement

SMACK of lightning to the northeast!

Advertisement