Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current Weather Conditions - October 2008

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭RoisinD

Rainfall since midnight currently at 69.9mm
    Temperature 14.3
    Just driven from Ennis and the floods in the fields near the river is the worst I have seen for a long time, massive lakes! It looks as if where it is near the road that it won't be long before the road is flooded too. Driven up a local road which is fairly busy traffic wise, and there is a river running down it with rain just pouring out through the stone walls. The road surface which has already been damaged by the summer rains is looking even more dangerous for the unsuspecting.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,851 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

beginning to clear now, after two days of overcast conditions with heavy rain during a lot of the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

1mm from drizzle recorded today.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,999 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

1.8mm here from drizzle also - radar does look nasty!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

More drizzle fo shizzle :o.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,431 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

RoisinD wrote: »
    Rainfall since midnight currently at 69.9mm
    Temperature 14.3
    Just driven from Ennis and the floods in the fields near the river is the worst I have seen for a long time, massive lakes! It looks as if where it is near the road that it won't be long before the road is flooded too. Driven up a local road which is fairly busy traffic wise, and there is a river running down it with rain just pouring out through the stone walls. The road surface which has already been damaged by the summer rains is looking even more dangerous for the unsuspecting.

Wow!

Sounds like my kind of place :D

Just 5.8mm of drizzle here so far and that's all the mountains can squeeze out of the clouds here after you've robbed 'em of their rain!
    Hopefully more to come.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Some persistent rain has arrived!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Moderate to heavy drizzle on and off all day here dumping 11.9mm since midnight. Managed to get up to 17.1c at 2.00pm in a cloud break. Currently 11.7c. Breezy at 6am this morning with a 28mph gust. Currently light ESE 5mph.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Very mellow and fruitful

Mike

Dry day, so far, milky sunshine and feeling pleasent with a high of 15.7c late afternoon. Mild last night with a low of 10.6c recorded. Mostly calm aswell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

Beautiful night with a very bright moon illuminating the garden. 8.8. Max today of 16.0.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Magnificent night out there. Cool, crisp and clear with shallow fog rising for miles and miles from the plain enhanced by the omnipotent light of the moon. Ethereal is the only word I can find in my head to describe it, and in no other place I wish to be buried. Currently 4.1c, although I don't think it will fall much more due to the rising mist.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Magnificent night out there. Cool, crisp and clear with shallow fog rising for miles and miles from the plain enhanced by the omnipotent light of the moon. Ethereal is the only word I can find in my head to describe it, and in no other place I wish to be buried. Currently 4.1c, although I don't think it will fall much more due to the rising mist.

lol thats one way to put it :pac:

Nice morning with some sun shine.

Thicker cloud moving in from the south.

Fog. Cool at 8.6c. Got down to 3.2c last night.

Cool and overcast, was lovely earlier with an overnight low of 3.1°C , currently 9.2°C

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Sun has left us, 100% cloudy now.

Bleugh.

Mike

Cloudy and mild.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭rhonin

Heavy showers but mild.

• Advertisement

Bright sun and no wind = warm

Mike

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,999 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Lovely day today - 16.0c atm. Max of 17.4c earlier and Min of 10.0c last night.

For once I hope the rain holds off a bit tomorrow as I have to do a survey outside for a couple of hours.

The cloud has gathered slowly, but no rain yet.

Mike

Turned into a fantastic day.

Just home from work and had the window down all the way home, haven't done that in a while.

Car is saying 16c which is believable.

Tipping down now.

Mike

Drizzly crapola on the way home, tonight, just missed it on the bike part of my journey which was nice.

Light drizzle on my drive into work.

Kinda stopped before i left the car.

Moderate rain. Feels cold despite 11.3c on the station. Fog down also in the flat calm conditions. 7.4mm so far since midnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭rhonin

Dry now. Had a heavy shower earlier.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,433 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Rain aplenty.

Advertisement