Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current Weather Conditions - October 2008

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,431 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Same as Damo, lovely start to the day again. I really think Autumn is a lovely time of year, the colours of the trees and fallen leaves and the cool refreshing breezes can really only be beaten by an Siberian easterly with sub zero blizzards!
    Current temp 10.4°C

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Fine start but it'll be a dull damp end.

Mike

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Wind has picked up a good bit in the past half an hour thus blowing clouds in front of the nice sun shine i was getting this morning.

The cloud has quietly thickened up in a slight breeze.

Mike

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,999 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Very calm here at the moment (0.0mph atm). 1012mb 11.7c

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Breezy and overcast.
    12.8C
    1009.1mb
    Wind S gusting 15-20mph at times.
    Dry.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,999 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Breezy/windy now - up to 28mph. 1008mb 12.5c

Well the rain is taking its time, a clear night when I called it a day. Overcast, breezy but dry.

Mike

Cloudy and windy atm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭themadchef

Stormy. Heavy rain.

No power when i got up at six thirty :(. Came back on Just after 8am. It's been dodgy ever since, flicking on and off.
    At a guess a good gale force 9/10 and doesn't seem to be easing up.

• Advertisement

Wind SSW 12 Gusting 24mph
    13.1C
    1007.8mb
    Dry and overcast.

Rain has arrived

Mike

• Registered Users Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭arctictree

Cloudy, windy, light rain - 11.9c

14.4C
    Wind 17 Gusting 24-30mph
    1005.2mb
    Still dry and overcast

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Beginning to brighten up a bit to the west with some shredded blue, but not before some sort of mini squall passed through. Drizzle became so thick it dumped 2.3 mm in 20 minuites which has to be a first.:pac: in a gusty SW breeze. Temp rising a bit, now 13.9c with winds easing though increasingly gusty.

Total rain today 6.4mm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭barnicles

Cloudy here as you can see from the pic!:rolleyes:

Mucky, very mucky

Mike

Very heavy rain shower just started here. 995mb 12.7c Quite windy

Shower has now passed dunmping 2.7mm in app. 5 mins.

10.5c now - the above was obviously the cold front moving through.

Nice morning here in Dub city center. Starting to cloud in though.

Fine morning, looks like the SE will hold on to the dry.

Mike

• Advertisement

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Very heavy rain shower just started here. 995mb 12.7c Quite windy

Shower has now passed dunmping 2.7mm in app. 5 mins.

10.5c now - the above was obviously the cold front moving through.
    Was oblivious to that and i just checked my stats there.
    2mm fell during that with an 89.2mm/hr rain rate. Seen nor heard that. Must have moved through quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Early morning shower gave 2.00mm of rain. Currently 12.2c. Was very mild at midnight last night 14.8c. Yesterday evening was quite interesting with temperatures only fluctuating between 14.6c and 14.9c for several hours in the run up to midnight.

90% clear and very windy.

Well its a good few degrees cooler than last evening, going clear and a nippy night in prospect.

Mike

• Registered Users Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭arctictree

Cold and windy up here in the wilds of Wicklow! 7.2c

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Spectacualr change of weather as I drove back from Galway this evening. Bright and breezy when I left, and by the time I got home, the skies were as bleak and black as I have seen in a while. Thought I seen a couple of flickers of lightning to the west but I can't be sure. But certainly the look of thunder out there right now. :)

7.6c.

Was just out side and noticed that it was raining even though there is a clear patch over me.

There is some big clouds near by. The wind is that strong its carrying the rain and dumping it a good bit away from the actual cloud.

Brrrrr a distinct wind chill out there.

@Damo, in the twilight i could see a decaying CB over Wicklow and is probably the one that brought you that shower. The majority of clear sky with just that single CB.

9C atm
    Dp 6C
    Wind gusty Westerly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

On the radar there is a substantial band of rain crossing the country that wasn't mentioned in any forecast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,431 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Cool and blowy, car was rocking back and forward driving through Calary this evening.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Advertisement