Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Sony Playstation 3 Control

• 01-10-2008 8:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭

If I have a Sony Playstation 3 installed in a central area in my home, for example the utility room and am able to distribute it to any TV in the house, is it possible to boost the signal for the controller over cat5E or coax back to my central area allowing me total control of the playstation. I dont think its going to work on its own without some sort off booster.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

As far as I know, the only option you have is to purchase an extra long USB cable. The controllers work through Bluetooth so only have a 10 meter range. I'm not sure if the controllers work through the USB cable, though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭big_moe

get one of these

http://ir2bt.com/

it converts bluetooth to infra red. you can then extend the infra red signal through out the house with IR extenders

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Atwork

Thanks lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

A PSP ?

ZEN

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Excellent idea. Don't know why I never thought of that. However, when the PSP is connected by Remote Play, the PS3 display is locked out. However, you could control the PS3 with the PSP [put on new movie, change music play list etc], then disconnect the PSP to re-enable the PS3 display.

I'm not 100% sure this would work. I'd have to mess about with it for a while.

• Advertisement
Advertisement